Re: [CD] Pet [still] missing after returning home

by crinrict

Original Post

Re: Dog is off lot

Hero
Hi @freets14

merged your post with existing thread.

Seems it helps to have her run a way again and then return. Make sure to not switch household/travel/turn off game until the animal is back

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 21 of 29 (3,083 Views)

Re: Dog is off lot

★ Guide

Unfortunately this bug still isn't quite fixed..

In both cases where I left the household before the pet returned the pet was back but greyed out when I played another household in between.

The pet however run away again on the next day in both cases and when it returned everything was back to normal

Message 22 of 29 (2,987 Views)

Re: Cat Ran Away, No Longer Functioning as Household Member

★ Apprentice
worked!
Message 23 of 29 (2,953 Views)

Re: [OPEN] [CD] Pet [still] missing after returning home

Hero

• We addressed an issue that could cause an Error Code 131 result upon loading a home where a pet had run away. You should no longer see Error Code 131.

Fixed in Patch 1.42.30

If you still have issues with missing pets, let me know

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.

Important Threads

Message 24 of 29 (19,421 Views)

★ Novice
Hey @crinrict

I can't see your solution to this, "pet still missing after returning home" thread. Can you please tell me how to fix it, for I am still experiencing this.
Message 25 of 29 (2,758 Views)

Hero
It's supposed to be fixed in a patch.

Are you using any mods ? Is your game updated ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 26 of 29 (2,740 Views)

★★★ Newbie

Hi, I'm having a similar issue... my dog ran away.  I did not exit, change households, save, or exit Live Mode at all while he was gone.  He was only gone for a couple Sim hours.  He is back on the lot and my Sims can interact with him, take him on walks, call him to eat, etc.  The issue is that they all still have the Missing Pet moodlet.  There was also no notification when he returned.  This is super annoying.....  is there a fix for this?

Message 27 of 29 (2,633 Views)

Hero
Could you please create a new thread for that.

If you're not opposed to mods, you can download TwistedMexis's Cheat fix mod and then use Sims.remove_all_buffs to remove the moodlet.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 28 of 29 (2,617 Views)

Re: [OPEN] [CD] Pet [still] missing after returning home

★★★ Newbie

I had the same problem, utt I think i fixed it. 1. write "testingcheats true", 2. hold in "shift" and click on the pet that has returned, but is still "missing". 3. Click "remove from family", 4. click "add to family"and e voila! Hope it works for you, it worked for me Standard smile 

Message 29 of 29 (2,230 Views)