Re: Cat Ran Away, No Longer Functioning as Household Member

by Lumiasta

Original Post

Re: [OPEN] [CD] Pet [still] missing after returning home

★★★ Novice

I think you're correct! I also saved, and exited the game while my pet was gone. Any thoughts on a work around? I've tried so many things, I'm thinking it might just be something that we just have to wait for it to get fixed.

Message 11 of 29 (5,012 Views)

Cat Ran Away, No Longer Functioning as Household Member

★ Novice

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? Cats and Dogs, City Living, Get Together, Get To Work, Parenthood, Vampires, Spa Day, Kids Room Stuff, Movie Hangout, and the Holiday Celebration Pack. I don't use mods or anything like that.
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Event happened in which pet ran away. When she came back, she is no longer functioning as part of the household even though it shows her as part of the household. When hovering over the sell pet option, it says "No Pets in your household!"
What happens when the bug occurs? Pet (in this case Cat) is no longer accepted into the household. Cannot be fed or use the litter box or be sold. Can't call cat to eat from the food dish, etc.
What do you expect to see? Cat functioning as an actual member of the household, ie I can feed her, take care of her, etc.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Never used.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Neutral/Not Sure 

So, I am having an issue in Sims 4. I got the Cats and Dogs dlc yesterday. Everything was fine. I played it for several hours until I encountered the event where my cat ran away. She came back, but now the game doesn't recognize her as part of the household. She is still shown as part of my household, but I cant feed her, she cant use the litter box, I cant sell her, etc. I have tried putting her in a different household and adding her back. I have tried purchasing new items. I have repaired the game. Nothing works. I don't know how to fix it, and at the moment she is starving to death, so please send help. This is really annoying and frustrating. I literally just got the dlc and I was so excited to play it.

Message 12 of 29 (5,000 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★ Novice

Hey there!

This is actually the bug being discussed in https://answers.ea.com/t5/Bug-Reports/OPEN-CD-Pet-still-missing-after-returning-home/td-p/6482683/hi... as well.

It seems like it may have something to do with exiting or changing households while the pet is missing. 

Message 13 of 29 (4,989 Views)

★ Novice

I went and read all the information regarding this. I never turned off my game while my pet was gone, nor did I change active households. I did, however, go to visit one of my neighbors, and I still got this glitch. Is there any sort of fix? Is there a plan to fix this? Because this is a very real bug, and I had this game for less than 12 hours before I encountered this. 

Message 14 of 29 (4,969 Views)

Hero

@HSWFightMeJ

merged your thread with existing thread

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 15 of 29 (4,958 Views)

★★ Novice
My cat ran away a second time (I have four other cats and a dog who moved in with my Sim's new hubby- they're just BUSY I promise!) and when she returned it was fixed!

Sad that she feels neglected. Happy that her UI is normal.
Message 16 of 29 (4,876 Views)

★★ Guide

I had a similar problem, the household has four dogs, so sometimes the playful-friendly ones don't get enough playtime and petting, and run away, which is sad. There must have been such a case when I was just briefly logging them on to check something or so, because now that I logged them on, I had this exact bug. The error message at first login attempt, then the doggie there but greyed out. After reading up on this thread and forums and trying basic resets and repair in vain, I did an absolutely heartbreaking workaround: just ignored the doggie until he ran away the second time. When he returned, he was fixed, UI normal and all.

It was absolutely horrible, though. He kept following his favorite sim around, dirty and ears drooping, staring at her longingly, spamming leash thought bubbles or good-boy thought bubbles. Absolutely heartbreaking. It did work though. I definitely hope this gets fixed, because all the heartache.

Message 17 of 29 (4,802 Views)

★★★ Newbie

I found a way to fix it, but only if your house hold is at maximum 4 sims.

I went to manage worlds - manage household - saved the current household -

added same saved househld - deleted the bugged pet - kept the new version of bugged pet -

deleted the new duplicates.

Message 18 of 29 (4,752 Views)

★★★ Newbie
This worked for me! Thank you so much!
Message 19 of 29 (4,732 Views)

Dog is off lot

★ Novice

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? Cats and Dogs, City Living, Get Together, Get to work, Vampires, Outdoor Retreat, Cool Kitchen
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Bug appeared after dog ran away and then returned.
What happens when the bug occurs? The dog in my household ran away, she returned without a notification and her thumbnail in the picture at the bottom of the screen is grey, as if she is off lot. I have restarted my game multiple times and it is the same. This problem keeps me from calling her to eat which is keeping me from playing the game as I don't want her taken away.
What do you expect to see? A normal thumbnail for the dog
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Not now. I've removed them.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Yes
Please describe the patch or change you made. This happened after the most recent game update that added new skin tones

The dog in my household ran away, she returned without a notification and her thumbnail in the picture at the bottom of the screen is grey, as if she is off lot. I have restarted my game multiple times and it is the same. This problem keeps me from calling her to eat which is keeping me from playing the game as I don't want her taken away.

Message 20 of 29 (4,732 Views)