Original Post

Accepted Solution

[FIXED] [CD] Pet [still] missing after returning home

[ Edited ]
★★★★★ Novice

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Often (50% - 99%)
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? All expansion packs, all game packs, and all stuff packs.
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? By having a pet run away and returning home.
What happens when the bug occurs? 1. Pet runs away 2. Pet returns home 3. Game does not register pet returning home, and is still missing in the UI
What do you expect to see? When your pet returns home from running away the game should register your pet being back in the household.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Never used.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Neutral/Not Sure 

‌When you pet returns home the UI still indicates the pet is missing/has run away.

With this you can call your pet to you, however you cannot call your pet for meals, take your pet on walks (your sim and pet will stand in place for hours unless action is cancelled), take your pet to the vet, place pet up for adoption, or bathe your pet (through the bathtub selections; if you click on your pet and select bathe pet you can bathe them properly)

Message 1 of 29 (18,399 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: [OPEN] [CD] Pet [still] missing after returning home

Hero

• We addressed an issue that could cause an Error Code 131 result upon loading a home where a pet had run away. You should no longer see Error Code 131.

Fixed in Patch 1.42.30

If you still have issues with missing pets, let me know

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

View in thread

Message 24 of 29 (19,519 Views)

All Replies

Re: [CD] Pet [still] missing after returning home

Hero

Hi @xSquidgy

I didn't have time to test this but is your pet still not back ? How many times did you have that happen ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.

Important Threads

Message 2 of 29 (18,285 Views)

★ Apprentice

putting that in here as well, problem has been discussed in this thread already 

>> https://answers.ea.com/t5/Technical-Issues-PC/Error-Code-131-ec627cc9/m-p/6499024/highlight/true#M10...

Product: The Sims 4
Platform: PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? reproducable; appears when conditions are met
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? everything
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? have a pet run away, leave the household and play another one for a few sim days
What happens when the bug occurs? pet runs away. after playing a bit with another household and returning to the missing-pet household, error code 131:6ec27cc9:963f8eb8 pops up. with the second try, the household successfully loads, but the pet is still shown as missing in the UI although the "greet them back" message popped up and they are running around on the lot
What do you expect to see? pet being back completely
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Yup
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? 1.36 (pets, obviously), can't say which one specific

Message 3 of 29 (18,267 Views)

★★★★★ Novice

Hi, @crinrict 

Sorry I haven't replied. I was busy with finals week!

To answer your question, the pet is still considered missing.

It's only happened twice in any of my games (One household I was just messing around with, and one of my current households.)

After reading the other thread that @niesniesmeow linked, I do recall saving while my pet was missing, and getting the same error code they got when reloading (I just restored my save file and the error happened again and there was no way I could get around it so I just ignored it.)

I didn't know that had anything to do with it, I wasn't really thinking about it being tied together, I'm very sorry for not putting that information in here.

Thanks for your replies.

Message 4 of 29 (18,205 Views)

Hero

Added this 

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 5 of 29 (18,161 Views)
Highlighted

[ Edited ]
★★★ Novice

I'm running into this too!! My pet keeps getting so sad, because no one can play ball with him lol. Anyone found a solution yet?

I tried the resetsim command, transferring to a new household then back (pet has same issue at new household), calling him to different lots, and repairing my game through the Origin client. Nothing has worked yet. Maybe just needs to run away again?

Do you know if your pet came home on its own? I'm not sure if it was weird timing or if it was a glitch, but after my pet went missing I attempted to call him while my sims were out at a park. He just randomly showed up with this glitch. Wondering if he was coincidentally returning home at that same exact time, or if it has something to do with the still missing issue.

(Added a screenshot of my pet. Name plate is still greyed out, like it does when they're missing. He's clearly home, and my sim no longer has the missing pet debuff.)

Message 6 of 29 (18,111 Views)

★ Apprentice

I am having the same exact issue. My cat ran away and "came back" but not really. It's been over 2 in-game sim weeks. My dog ran away and came back fine, it's just the cat. I thought that maybe if the cat ran away again it would fix it but I'm not really willing to abuse my in-game cat to test it.

Message 7 of 29 (18,082 Views)

Hero

HI @Chrysocolla

did you switch active households or turn off the game while the missing pet was gone ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 8 of 29 (18,058 Views)

★ Apprentice

I did save and turn off the game while it was gone.

Message 9 of 29 (18,024 Views)

Hero

Could be the trigger for this bug.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 10 of 29 (18,015 Views)