Original Post

Accepted Solution

[FIXED] [CD] Pet food bowls disappear

[ Edited ]
★★★ Novice

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Often (50% - 99%)
What is your current game version number? n/a
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? Cats and Dogs, City Living, Get Together, Get to Work Vampires, Dine Out, Spa Day, Outdoor Retreat Vintage Glamour, Movie Hangout, Holiday Celebration
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? ? Place a pet bowl, fill with food, leave the lot, come back?
What happens when the bug occurs? Any pet bowl I have, especially ones added to the automatic feeder, disappears when I leave the lot. It's completely gone when I return.
What do you expect to see? A pet bowl still there so my pets aren't starving when I return hours later.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Never used.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Neutral/Not Sure 

Edit By Crinrict: Adjusted Tag 

Message 1 of 65 (11,450 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: [NEEDS SAVES] [CD] Pet food bowls disappear

Hero

Stans (“stalker fans”) and Kleptomaniac Sims no longer steal Pet food bowls or Cat litter. I have no words for this one. I have nothing.

Fixed in Patch 1.68.154/ 1.33

It's possible that there's other instances responsible for the bowls to disappear but since this thread is quite old and a number of things have been fixed, I'm going to mark this as fixed.

If you're still experiencing this issue, please create a new thread.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

View in thread

Message 65 of 65 (5,305 Views)

All Replies

Re: Pet food bowls disappearing off lot when I leave

★★★★ Apprentice

@baddums wrote:

What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? Cats and Dogs, City Living, Get Together, Get to Work Vampires, Dine Out, Spa Day, Outdoor Retreat Vintage Glamour, Movie Hangout, Holiday Celebration
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? ? Place a pet bowl, fill with food, leave the lot, come back?
What happens when the bug occurs? Any pet bowl I have, especially ones added to the automatic feeder, disappears when I leave the lot. It's completely gone when I return.
What do you expect to see? A pet bowl still there so my pets aren't starving when I return hours later.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Never used.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Neutral/Not Sure 

I'm also having this problem. I always leave a bowl full of rations for my dogs, then I go for a walk around the new town and when I come back, the bowl is gone. I've looked for it everywhere and I have not found it. I hope all these bugs that are coming up with the expansion are solved, because the game is already good, without them they would be even better Standard smile

Message 2 of 65 (11,315 Views)

Hero

@LucianoMedice which packs do you own ? 

Which town are you guys living in ? Is this a new or existing save ?

Did not happen for me.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.

Important Threads

Message 3 of 65 (11,263 Views)

★★★★ Apprentice

I have all the stuff packs, all the expansion packs and all the game packages ... I'm living now in Brindleton Bay and I had this problem, but I have not yet tried to live in other cities

Message 4 of 65 (11,251 Views)

★★★ Novice

I have lived in two cities, whichever city is the base game city as well as Brindleton Bay, where I moved hoping it would fix the issue. The homes they have lived in were both base pack homes, not anything I downloaded from the gallery.

Message 5 of 65 (11,173 Views)

Hero

Does it matter how long you leave the lot ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 6 of 65 (11,170 Views)

★★★★ Novice

The bug also occured to me when I went on CAS to modify my butler, so I don't think it matters how long you're out of the lot. As soon as I had to load the lot, the bowl was gone.

But since I put a pet bowl in one of my sims' inventory, the bowl doesn't seem to disappear anymore on the lot, even when I am travelling with another sim ! Maybe you should try that if you have this bug.

Message 7 of 65 (11,115 Views)

Hero

Did you guys check your whole lots if the bowl is somewhere else ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 8 of 65 (11,111 Views)

Re: [OPEN] [CD] Pet food bowls disappearing off lot when I leave

Hero

Added this for now although I can't duplicate it. May reports here and at the officials.

Make sure to check your lots though as there's voices that say the dogs move them around.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 9 of 65 (11,046 Views)

Re: [OPEN] [CD] Pet food bowls disappearing off lot when I leave

★★★★★ Novice

I'm having this issue as well!

Both the standard and pet feeder bowl vanishing when I exit the lot.  

It started after I hired a maid?? 

Message 10 of 65 (11,027 Views)