[FIXED] [CD] Pet/adoption person won't leave (adoption/selling/neglect)

by BaileyCorin

Original Post

Re: Sims 4 Cats and Dogs Selling Pet Glitch

★★★ Novice

I don't know if he does but I certainly do and I have the same problem.

I choose to sell a puppy via the sell puppy option in household.  I choose one puppy (I can ONLY choose one puppy as the window closes as soon as I click one).  Adoption agent shows up but just wanders around my house.  She never tries to interact with the puppy (no carrier or anything).  She eventually leaves and the puppy remains behind.  Can't enter build/buy, can't sell any other puppies, etc.  I've restarted several times and get the same results.  I've tried choosing a different puppy and get the same results.  I gave up on that approach and tried to adopt out the puppy.  Same result - NPC shows up, goes to a mirror in my house to yell at herself (???) hours later eventually leaves with no puppy.

I found a workaround but it's annoying and the bug still needs to be fixed.  Age up the puppy via whatever method you choose.  Use the adoption agent and DON'T INCREASE THE SPEED (or the carrier gets stuck a lot).  Adoption agent will finally take the dog away.

Message 71 of 118 (1,661 Views)

Hero

Hi @RinNova

I moved your post to the bug thread on the issue although yours seems slightly different.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 72 of 118 (1,649 Views)

Re: [NEEDS INPUT] [CD] Pet/adoption person won't leave (adoption/selling/neglect

★★★ Novice

If you have seasons installed, create an event the next day and wait until it starts. Make sure you travel to a different venue. Once the event is finished, the household should be bakc to normal. Thats what i did. Dont give up

Message 73 of 118 (1,638 Views)

EA Staff

Hi @RinNova

Would you be willing to send your save files?  If so, instructions are here:

https://answers.ea.com/t5/Bug-Reports/INFORMATION-How-to-Send-User-Files-to-The-Sims-4-Team/m-p/6065...

That would help us a lot!.

Thank you very much!         

Message 74 of 118 (1,631 Views)

Re: [NEEDS INPUT] [CD] Pet/adoption person won't leave (adoption/selling/neglect

★★★ Newbie

i have a similar problem i ordered the service once but then once the dog was adopted to someone else a bunch of other people came over and wont leave worst part i cant save or leave the game i cant even talk to them

Message 75 of 118 (1,593 Views)

Hero

Hi @wolflover2711

you will probably need to exit without saving.

Could you share your save with @SimGuruIcarus as asked above ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.

Important Threads

Message 76 of 118 (1,588 Views)

★★★ Newbie

I’m having the same problem. Sold 3 puppies, then the last adoption agent wouldn’t leave even though it showed the puppies removed from my household. I couldn’t save, travel, or enter build mode because it said I can’t do that when a family member is leaving the household. I lost 3 hours of gameplay. Super discouraging, but it’s my fault for not saving more frequently. 

Message 77 of 118 (1,549 Views)

Hero

Hi @thatgingerchikk

would be good if you could share your save with @SimGuruIcarus as asked above.

Thank you..

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 78 of 118 (1,536 Views)

★★★ Newbie

@crinrict I’m not  quite sure how to do that, as I am on Xbox one. 

Message 79 of 118 (1,512 Views)

Hero
Then please create a new thread for console.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 80 of 118 (1,503 Views)