[FIXED] [CD] Pet/adoption person won't leave (adoption/selling/neglect)

by BaileyCorin

Original Post

Re: Cat Adopted But will not leave - unable to save game

[ Edited ]
★★★ Novice

DEFINITE SOLUTION:

Okay, so I had an almost identical issue and this is what I did... it seems to have worked:

I went to "Exit to main menu". It said I could lose data etc, but I did it anyway.

From the main menu I clicked the  main "play > button". I then selected the Vet Clinic and chose the option to "visit".

I selected my glitchy active household to visit the clinic with.

They travelled there successfully and I decided just for the hell of it to get two of my cats spayed, one of them being the cat that was stuck in Adoption mode.

It all went fine, edit function and save function were all accessible, so I saved, then selected the "travel home" option via mobile phone.

They all arrived at the apartment Lot, including the pet that should have been adopted, which is clearly just a regular member of the household.

Save and edit functions at the active home Lot.

I've done a quick save, and plan on attempting again (call me crazy) to have my pet adopted.. cos it annoys me, lol.

While at the Vets I purchased some of those treats for sale in the vending machine, as I'm now thinking that another option could be to age my pet down and try selling it as a kitten, as I've had no problems selling kittens in the past....

Hope this helps!

QUICK EDIT: I've been playing fine for hours now since taking the steps I detailed below, just wanted to mention two observations which weren't an issue for me but might be for someone else - When I returned to the  active home lot there was a Sim from another active household I play sitting at the current household computer, lol. She seemed right at home. Apparently had done some cleaning and a wash load too! Ha, quite funny. I let her hangout with my active household for a bit then she naturally left after they beat her in a game of foosball....

Another observation was that my toddler sim's inventory was totally empty. It was previously filled with fresh consumables/produce and a gamepad thingy. This didn't bother me though, I was just so happy my game was functioning properly without losing gameplay.

Message 51 of 118 (2,493 Views)

Re: [TO TEST] [CD] Cat won't leave the household after I put it up for adoption

★★★ Novice
My family lives in a small house
Message 52 of 118 (2,426 Views)

Re: [OPEN] [CD] Pet/adoption person won't leave (adoption/selling/neglect)

[ Edited ]
★★ Novice

Hello everyone! I don't know if this has been solved (if it has I couldn't find any info on it) BUT this issue happened to me when I was selling a kitten and the adoption person left the carrier.

Here is what I did to fix it.

1st: You MUST have MCCC (MC Command Center) Installed otherwise I don't think this will work, unfortunately. 

2nd: Join a club and have a gathering at your house.

3rd: When the sims in the club get to your house, click on one of them and use the MC cheats option and click on "Edit Family in CAS" This will bring you into CAS with the family of whatever sim you clicked on, just ignore it and click done. 

When you get out of CAS, at least this is what happened for ME. The kitten was back in my household and it looked different, so I saved my game immediately (to be safe) and went to my phone and sold the kitten again, got the money, and the adoption person came back, took the cat and this time everything went smoothly.  If you don't have MCCC I don't think this will help you BUT it saved me from losing HOURS of game play.Large smile

[You MAY be able to do this with your sims already living in your house, but I didn't try it, I didn't even think to Embarrassed..]

Edit: I posted this right after I found the fix and didn't investigate enough. I did lose a little bit of game play (about 2 sim days worth) but it is definitely less than I would have lost if I quit without saving. Just a warning to you!

Message 53 of 118 (2,408 Views)

★★★★ Novice
Whoa this is a game breaking bug. Please fix it I just lost whole 3 hours of gameplay. I have to climb the career ladder again because of it. I am very sad atm.
Message 54 of 118 (2,377 Views)

Community Manager (retired)

Could someone who's having this issue share their save file with us? Thanks for the help! 

https://answers.ea.com/t5/Bug-Reports/INFORMATION-How-to-Send-User-Files-to-The-Sims-4-Team/m-p/6065...

This account is no longer accepting Direct Messages. If you need to send a Direct Message, please send it to TheSimsDirect. Thank you.

Message 55 of 118 (2,317 Views)

Re: Bugs related to "pet neglect" situation

★★★ Newbie
I tried this. You end up with the pet still in your family, just as a ghost. At least I did.
Message 56 of 118 (2,186 Views)

★★★ Newbie
I figured out how to at least get my sim out of the house if they’re able to get pregnant. When they go into labor it’ll let you go to the hospital with them. I was able to save my game at the very least.
Message 57 of 118 (2,180 Views)

Stuck on sim leaving household

★★ Novice

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Rarely (0% - 9%)
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? All of them.
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? I don't know.
What happens when the bug occurs? I can't save and I can't manage households or manage worlds. The dog is still in my household.
What do you expect to see? Should be able to save, the dog should be gone.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Never used.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? No

Hi, 

I used the phone to sell my puppy as I had too many people in my household, and I'm going to tell my other two dogs too, as I want more children in the family instead. 

But when I chose the option to sell the dog, it went through but the dog is still in my household and I can't save, go into build mode or manage worlds/households as it says that I cannot do this as a sim is leaving the household. 

I am not sure what to do as I cannot find a way to even delete the dog to maybe get it moving again. I don't want to just quit, as I have no saved the game in a few hours and I will lose all my progress and I really don't want to lose everything that I have done.

Any help would really be appreciated. Thanks.

Message 58 of 118 (2,131 Views)

Re: Stuck on sim leaving household

Hero
Hi @DarkAngelRise

I merged your post with existing thread.

Would you be willing to share your save with QA (see SimGuruNick's post above)

There's also some suggestions in this thread you can try.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 59 of 118 (2,127 Views)

Re: Cat Adopted But will not leave - unable to save game

★★ Novice

Hi, 

I have just tried this with my family and it did not work in the slightest. I have lost all of my progress and I had been playing for about 4 hours, so I have lost a lot. So I doubt that I'm going to be playing with that family again as I don't want to start all over again. 

I don't think the title of this solution that worked for you should be labelled as 'Definite solution' as it didn't work for me. 

Message 60 of 118 (2,120 Views)