[FIXED] [CD] Pet/adoption person won't leave (adoption/selling/neglect)

by BaileyCorin

Original Post

Re: Bugs related to "pet neglect" situation

[ Edited ]
★★ Guide

Ok I read these posts and some of them have similarity.

I also tried adoption last week; new pet always run away before adoption(buying new one) when the agent place down the cage, etc.

Too many bugs. Clearly they didn't test their product.

Maxis should make "The Sims 4: Insects and Bugs" EP next time lol

Message 31 of 118 (4,343 Views)

Sims 4 adopting out pet bug

★★★ Newbie

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Rarely (0% - 9%)
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? Get to Work, City Living, Cats & Dogs, Perfect Patio stuff
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Not sure
What happens when the bug occurs? I adopted out a cat that was in my household, it said successfully adopted, the cat was removed from my household and is no longer seen in the house, but there is still a carrier sitting outside the house, I can not save, travel, open build mode or the gallery, or manage worlds.
What do you expect to see? I expect the cat would have been adopted, the carrier would be gone, and I could travel, and save, etc.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Yes
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? No

I adopted out a cat that was in my household, it said successfully adopted, the cat was removed from my household and is no longer seen in the house, but there is still a carrier sitting outside the house, I can not save, travel, open build mode or the gallery, or manage worlds. I have tried to do testingcheats on > shift+click on the carrier > reset object. It doesn't work. I tried resetSim "cats name" it says Sim not found. There is no social worker, or any extra people on the lot either.

Message 32 of 118 (4,320 Views)

Re: Bugs related to "pet neglect" situation

★ Guide

I have the adoption lady show up when I want to adopt a cat but she keeps standing in front of the house and doesn't come inside. No vrate to be seen.

I can call her to enter the house but even is she does no crate show up.

Message 33 of 118 (4,295 Views)

Pet sold but not gone, now can't save game

★★★★★ Newbie

Platform:Mac
How often does the bug occur? Occasionally (10% - 49%)
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? Pets only
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? I sold a pet successfully, but now it's in a constant state of "moving out". It's been moving out for days (in the sims)
What happens when the bug occurs? I cannot save the game, build anything, or make changes to the household
What do you expect to see? The kitten to be picked up and normal gaming to continue.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Not now. I've removed them.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Neutral/Not Sure 

I sold a pet successfully, but now it's in a constant state of "moving out". It's been moving out for days (in the sims). I cannot save the game, build anything, or make changes to the household

Message 34 of 118 (4,273 Views)

Re: can not save game or leave my lot!?

★★★★★ Newbie

Did you figure out how to fix it? 

Message 35 of 118 (4,267 Views)

Re: can not save game or leave my lot!?

★★★★★ Newbie

Done. Makes no difference for me...

Message 36 of 118 (4,266 Views)

Re: Cat Adopted But will not leave - unable to save game

★★★★★ Newbie

I had a similar issue where a kitten is constantly in a state of leaving the house after I sold it. So I can save it, and now I've been playing this game for so long hoping the situation would resolve itself but it hasn't. I will now be losing a lot if I quit now. 

I tried resetting in various ways but nothing works. 

I wondered if maybe deleting a sim would work, but all the methods for doing that are greyed out at the moment.

Message 37 of 118 (4,264 Views)

Re: [OPEN] [CD] Pet/adoption person won't leave (adoption/selling/neglect)

★ Novice

I have a similar issue. I have 2 cats I put 1 up for adoption but no one came, no basket appeared , nothing but I can't leave the lot or build because it says "You can't do this while a sim is leaving your household!" and I have been stuck on my lot for days I have reloaded several times and every time the same thing happens. I've done it with dogs before and it worked perfectly. Any ideas would be really helpful on why this might happen Frown

Message 38 of 118 (4,129 Views)

Re: [OPEN] [CD] Pet/adoption person won't leave (adoption/selling/neglect)

★★ Apprentice

I also had a similar issue. Tried to put up one of my dogs for adoption, she came in and went to my dog, set down the carrier and stood there staring at my dog for about 30 sim minutes. She had come to the lot angry so she eventually left the carrier, went and kicked over my lot trash can and became stuck in front of the trash can indefinitely. I could not get my sims to pick it up, I could not get my sims to interact with her at all, and my dog never left the household and acted as normal. I had to leave the game without saving to fix.

Message 39 of 118 (4,090 Views)

Sim leaving Household (Can't save)

★★ Novice

Platform:Mac
How often does the bug occur? Rarely (0% - 9%)
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? Get together, Cats and Dogs, City Life, Work (Job expansion), Vampires, and Parenthood
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Put pet up for adoption and sell another at the same time?
What happens when the bug occurs? I cannot save and my sims won't travel anywhere.
What do you expect to see? My sims should travel normally and I should be able to save/exit my game without losing every change I've done to the saved game.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Yes
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Yes
Please describe the patch or change you made. I just added Sims Get Together, I have not added any mods recently.

I sold one of my puppies and put one adult dog up for adoption. The two worker sims came and one wouldn't leave. I couldn't ask them to leave or anything and when they finally did, the game said that a sim was leaving my household and I couldn't save or have my sims travel. 

Message 40 of 118 (4,049 Views)