Re: [FIXED] [CD] Pet/adoption person won't leave (adoption/selling/neglect)

by crinrict

Original Post

Re: The adoption agency doesn't do their job

Hero

Hi @crookshanks888 

moved your post over to another open thread that seems a bit closer to your issue although for you he doesn't show up

• Did you check if he's stuck somewhere at the spawning point ?
  • Are you using any mods/cc in your game ?

All you can do at this point is shut down the game.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 111 of 118 (5,117 Views)

Re: The adoption agency doesn't do their job

★★★★★ Newbie

Just to confirm what Tellie86 said - you DON'T need to close your game down and lose everything!! To work around the game being stuck on 'a sim is leaving the household' open the calendar & select 'Add Event' - plan any event on another lot, and select 'Now' as the start time. Your game will allow you to travel there, and then you can immediately go back to your home lot and it will be back to normal. I tried putting the pet up for adoption again and this time it worked glitch free!!

Message 112 of 118 (5,013 Views)

Pet adoption still in progress after adoption: can't save game.

★★★ Newbie

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? BASE: 1.54.120.1020 (64 bit)
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? City Living, Seasons, Cats and Dogs
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? - Adopt by phone, select only one dog - Did not adopt during the first visit because I wasn't aware it was only a visit - After the pet adoption agency left I called them again for the same dog, immediately adopting it this time around
What happens when the bug occurs? - The naming of the dog and adding it to the household all goes perfectly. The lady leaves as well. - However I still don't have the possibility to go into build mode, travel somewhere, or even save. - The message I see is: "You cannot do this while a pet adoption is in progress." I have tried inviting the adoption agency over again for another dog, and this time selecting "End adoption evaluation", but the problem still persists.
What do you expect to see? As I have already adopted the pet, it should not say that the adoption is still in progress and should allow me to go into build mode, travel, save, etc.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Yes
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Neutral/Not Sure 

The most important info is up there already, but I'll summarize it here. I'm a first time poster, so apologies for any mistakes.

After having (what seems to be) successfully adopting a dog by phone (I have named it, and has been added to my household), I am still not able to go into build mode, travel somewhere, or even save the game.

The message I see is: "You cannot do this while a pet adoption is in progress."

I have tried having them come by again with another dog, and then telling them to end the adoption evaluation, but this made no difference.

Right now I don't see anything else I can do but close the game without saving and lose all my progress. Has anyone encountered this before? Or perhaps knows a solution for this that doesn't involve closing the game without saving progress?

Many thanks in advance!

PS. I have clothing mods active, but no scripts. No mods to do with dogs either.

Message 113 of 118 (4,933 Views)

Re: Pet adoption still in progress after adoption: can't save game.

Hero
@Emmiebennie1 It does seem to happen from time to time still although it's gotten better.

I merged your post with the current thread on the issue.

You can try the suggestion posted above.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.

Important Threads

Message 114 of 118 (4,895 Views)

Re: [OPEN] [CD] Pet/adoption person won't leave (adoption/selling/neglect)

★★★ Newbie

If you disable the death feature (turn cheats on by pressing (ctl shift c then typing “death.toggle true” in the pop up box) it will reset and they will leave so that you can continue the game as usual. If you want to cut the death feature back on just go to the same thing and follow the same steps just put false and the end instead true. 

Message 115 of 118 (4,855 Views)

Hero

When putting your cuddly friends up for adoption you will no longer be faced with inaccessible UI.

Fixed in Patch 1.55.105

If you still face this issue with selling or neglect, please create a new thread.

Thank you.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 116 of 118 (42,125 Views)

★ Apprentice
@crinrict I am having this problem, game is up to date, mods removed.
Message 117 of 118 (4,614 Views)

Hero
@keiraskyler Could you please create a new thread. Thanks

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 118 of 118 (4,613 Views)