Re: [OPEN] [CD] Pet/adoption person won't leave (adoption/selling/neglect)

by xijet

Original Post

Re: Sim leaving Household (Can't save)

[ Edited ]
★ Apprentice

Would be nice to have a fix for this. I just played for 3 hours, didn't think to save, and (after approx a month and 2 patches of not playing) now I put a cat up for adoption (meant to sell, OOPS) and the agent came to pick up the pet...and I lost track of them. I finally found him...asleep in one of the kids' beds. I told her to go to bed, he got up, put down a cat carrier, stood on the OTHER twins' bed, and is still standing there, a RL hour later. Cat carrier is still there, cat was removed from the household, but I can't interact w/ the adoption service person at all. He's just standing there on top of the bed, feet sunk under the comforter, looking like an idiot. And apparently ill, so that's fun. And both twins are asleep in their beds. With an adult standing on top of one of them. 
Never had this issue prior to Nov 2017. So...WTF, over??? 
Cat is the kitten of two adult cats I made in CAS. Never had any issues selling previous kittens. First one I let grow to adulthood prior to selling...only I adopted it out instead on accident. From reading previous comments, looks like it wouldn't make any difference whether I sold/adopted. 
Can't save, can't access CAS, nothing. So, I'll lose over 4 hrs of RL play time if I exit at this point. Thanks, Origin. 

Message 41 of 118 (2,624 Views)

Re: can not save game or leave my lot!?

★★★ Newbie

Hey! Could you please try and give us an answer on what to do???

Message 42 of 118 (2,539 Views)

The "put up for adoption" event is indefinite. Pet is "not really there."

★★★ Newbie

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:Mac
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Rarely (0% - 9%)
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? Cats & Dogs, celebration pack, and the Grim guitar.
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Honestly.... Its when my cat was being put up for adoption and during the process the cat somehow ran away. The pet returned home normally, but was unable to be interacted with other than the automatic feed by hand, call to owner, cheat needs (Enable/disable need decay) and reset sim.
What happens when the bug occurs? The pet won't leave household, won't die, the event continues indefinitely. The pet is also unable to be interacted with as it should normally be.
What do you expect to see? I literally can't do anything. The pet makes it so that the "put up for adoption" interaction is indefinite, so my game can't be saved. This pet is just existing.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Never used.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Neutral/Not Sure 

I have no clue how to fix this without leaving without saving the game. Sadly I had just played about two hours without saving...

Message 43 of 118 (2,543 Views)

Hero
What kind of answer are you looking for ? It's an open bug, it needs to be fixed. There's no ETA ever on bug fixes.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 44 of 118 (2,531 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★ Novice

I tried adopting away my two kittens that momma cat gave birth to but the adoption service lady bugged out and I couldn't save or leave or cancel or anything.

So I used MCCC commander to click on my sim, choose Modify in CAS, clicked out of CAS and saved just in case. Then I simply went to manage world and edited my household to move the kittens out manually, like what you do when you "adopt" away an unwanted baby to another family.

Message 45 of 118 (2,495 Views)

★★★ Novice
Only by going to MCCC I reset the save..... so you'll still lose all progress. Just a tip to the next time you wanna get rid of pets, I guess.
Message 46 of 118 (2,489 Views)

Re: Cat Adopted But will not leave - unable to save game

★★★ Novice

Did you get a solution? I'm in the middle of this situation  right now... Frown

Message 47 of 118 (2,430 Views)

★★★ Novice

So what does that mean? I can never save my game or do anything about it until there is a bug fix? This has been an issue since last year from what I can tell, is there nothing that anyone has found has worked for them?
I've seen people give some solutions but they contain terms and abbreviations I really don't understand.
Please can you help?

Message 48 of 118 (2,423 Views)

★★★ Novice

Hi, what is MCCC commander?

How did you manage to save? I don't have a save option at all in this state...

thanks.

Message 49 of 118 (2,422 Views)

Hero
It's a third party mods you can put in your game.

I don't think there's much you can do other than quitting without saving.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 50 of 118 (2,419 Views)