Original Post

Accepted Solution

[FIXED] [CD] Pet Toy Box changes direction on it's own

[ Edited ]
★★★★★ Apprentice

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Often (50% - 99%)
What is your current game version number? n/a
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? All
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Buy a Mr. Itchy's Chest of Wonders (although I think it's happened with the Play On-The-God Toybox as well; not sure on the Outdoor Pet Storation Device). Travel from the lot and then go home.
What happens when the bug occurs? The pet toybox has changed orientation. I've seen it turn 90 degrees as well as 180 degrees.
What do you expect to see? The toybox's orientation should not change if I leave the lot.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Not now. I've removed them.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? No

This is related to the Cats and Dogs expansion.  In the screenshot provided, I originally placed the toybox so it was against the wall facing out.

Message 1 of 25 (4,921 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: [OPEN] [CD] Pet Toy Box changes direction on it's own

Hero

The pet toy box will no longer have its position rotated in a random direction when a Sim returns home from an active career.

Fixed in Patch 1.51.75

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

View in thread

Message 25 of 25 (2,220 Views)

All Replies

Re: [Object] Pet Toy Box

Hero

Hi @shetcogle

Mine changes direction frequently without traveling. Are you sure the dogs didn't move it ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.

Important Threads

Message 2 of 25 (4,844 Views)

★★★ Newbie

Can the dogs move it? I didn't think that was a thing

Message 3 of 25 (4,826 Views)

Hero

I have no idea. I just noticed it being switch every time a dog was near it.

Some players also say they can move around bowls.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 4 of 25 (4,812 Views)

Re: Pet Toy Box

Hero

I'll add this on the next round

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 5 of 25 (4,796 Views)

Re: Pet Toy Box

Hero

Added 

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 6 of 25 (4,779 Views)

★★★ Novice

Im having same issue and I thought it was the dogs moving it around,only happens with my dogs, but now, maybe it is a bug?

Message 7 of 25 (4,686 Views)

★★★★ Pro

Not mentioned in the patch notes, but this may have been fixed today. I traveled some times and the box didn't move. Can anyone confirm this?

Message 8 of 25 (4,587 Views)

★★★★ Pro

I take it back. Box is still rotating.

Message 9 of 25 (4,577 Views)

★★★★ Guide
Yeah, I've seen them pick up the bowls (looking for an owner to fill them), perhaps more often with glutton pets.
Message 10 of 25 (4,529 Views)