Re: [NEEDS INFO] [CD] Option to put down pet missing

by Zilverwolf2

Original Post

Hero
Added this

If anyone has any info why this happens, please post.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 11 of 21 (1,238 Views)

★★ Novice

This also happens to me with pets and toddlers, it is extremely annoying, I have repaired and tried with different households still happens.

Message 12 of 21 (1,202 Views)

Re: [NEEDS INFO/A] [CD] Option to put down pet missing

★★★★★ Apprentice

@kinot9229I tried with a toddler now. And you are right. The option to put down the toddler is missing too. Like with my sims pets they don't ever get that option anymore.

Message 13 of 21 (1,187 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★ Apprentice

I'm seeing this now too, as are people on the forums (there was a post about it today). There is no option to "put down here" for kittens, puppies, or toddlers. So a Sim holding one will just continuously stand there interacting with them until you can find something for them to do that requires them to put them down or you reset them, and you have to hope they put them down someplace they can access food or toys or you'll have to deal with it again. 

I do not have any mods or CC and I didn't do anything different with my game since the last patch. I don't know if that's when this started or not since I hadn't interacted with pets or toddlers since well before the patch. 

Message 14 of 21 (1,149 Views)

★★ Guide

Same thing is happening in my game.  I've been playing with families and pets pretty regularly since May so for my game, it seems to be with the latest patch.  I thought it was vampire and fly as a bat related but I've tested my other households and non-occult sims can't "put down" here unless you que up something else for them to do that requires them to be put down or put them down on furniture (such as a couch or toddler bed). 

Message 15 of 21 (1,114 Views)

★★★ Novice

I have this problem too but with toddlers. It's horrendous when you need to move them somewhere. I really hope they fix this.

Message 16 of 21 (1,086 Views)

[ Edited ]
★ Guide

Could be because of the wading test they added? "wading_interval_test". I made a Fix i am testing atm where it tests for the wading_interval_test as well as if wading is possible at all. EDIT: Yeah ok the Fix works. So it looks like the Test only tests how deep the Water is to be able to put a Toddler/Pet down but it does not test if a terrain is also "not water". EDIT 2: If anyone wants the Fix google for LittleMsSam Random Bug Fixes.

Message 17 of 21 (1,070 Views)
Highlighted

★★★★★ Apprentice

@LittleMsSam  Thank you so much for this fix.  As you might have seen, i reported this bug at the beginning of june because i had this bug since the Island Living patch. I had 2 kittens and a toddler and was going crazy because of this bug. For a long time i thought only a few of us had this bug and it was never going to be fixed. Now finally more people have this problem and because of your fix my sim can finally pick up her toddler or kittens.

@crinrictMy sim was and still is, living in San Myshuno. I recently found out that if my sim is going to the square in front of her apartment she gets the option to put the toddler down. But that is the only time the option put pet/toddler down is coming up. Maybe this is usefull information? And we get closer to a solution.

Message 18 of 21 (1,016 Views)

★ Guide

I have this bug with toddlers. I make my sim pick them up to carry them inside, but then there's no option to put them down. I have to reset my sim to make them put down the toddler. 

Message 19 of 21 (902 Views)

★ Guide
@simprincesss You should be able to cancel the pose to get the Sim to set the toddler down as a workaround (the small white icon under the actions column.
That or put the toddler down on a comfort item they can use (armchair, couch, ottoman, bench...) if there is one nearby.

But same, any household member that can be picked up and carried can't at the moment be put down on a floor or ground.
Message 20 of 21 (876 Views)