Original Post

Accepted Solution

[FIXED] [CD] Option to put down pet missing

[ Edited ]
★★★★★ Apprentice

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? Nederlands
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? 1.52.100.1020
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? I have All Expansion Packs, Game Packs and Stuff Packs.
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Create a household with a kitten or pup and select a house with stairs in front of the house.
What happens when the bug occurs? As a kitten or pup can't climb the stairs to get in the house, or the other way around to get out of the house, my sim has to pick it up and putt it down on the ground where she wants the kitten to go. Before the patch my sim got an option to put (insert name) here. This option has dissapeared completely. I can only direct the sim to go here, but if she hasn't got something better to do she keeps doing endless interactions with the pet because i can't tell her to put the pet down. I also tried this with a pup, and adult pets. In different worlds. The option is never coming up.
What do you expect to see? That i get the option to putt the pet down somewhere.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Not now. I've removed them.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Yes
Please describe the patch or change you made. Patch 1.52.100.1020 and EP Island living installed

Before i patched i took all my mods and cc out. I allways create a new sims 4 folder and test without mods and cc first,  before i slowly put back updated mods and cc. So i hadn't played with mods or cc yet. This bug occured immediately after the patch, with  new sims and in a clean game. I also tried to repair the game but that did not help either .

Message 1 of 21 (2,160 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: cant put pets down on the ground

Hero

Fixed an issue which made the option “Put <Sim/Pet Name> here” not available when holding Pets and Toddlers.
○ Though we would love to hold them forever.

Fixed in Patch 1.58.63

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

View in thread

Message 21 of 21 (1,672 Views)

All Replies

Hero
@Zilverwolf2 Just tested this on my save and the option still appears for me.

Did you try Brindelton Bay at all ?

Did you try with different Sims/Households/Saves as well ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.

Important Threads

Message 2 of 21 (2,110 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★★ Apprentice

I tried Willow Creek, Sulani, Windenburg and San Myshuno. Had not thought of Brindleton bay. Will do that right now. i did test with different sims and different pets.

Message 3 of 21 (2,105 Views)

★★★★★ Apprentice

Well i tried now with again another sim and another pet in Brindleton bay bu ti still get no option to put pet down on the ground.

Message 4 of 21 (2,085 Views)
Highlighted

Hero
@Zilverwolf2 Did you try a repair yet ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 5 of 21 (2,083 Views)

★★★★★ Apprentice

Yes i did that before i made a topic here. I could try again though.

Message 6 of 21 (2,078 Views)

★★★★★ Apprentice

@crinrict  I did a game repair again, and made a new sim and new kitten and selected a lot in Brindleton Bay. But still no luck. I can pick the pet up from the ground and then select go here for the sim. But then i have to wait till the sim puts the pet on the ground. There is still no option to direct the sim to put the pet on the ground Like before.

Message 7 of 21 (2,072 Views)

Hero
@Zilverwolf2 Marking as Needs Info to see if anyone else got this and can shed some light.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 8 of 21 (2,042 Views)

Re: [NEEDS INFO/A] [CD] Option to put down pet missing

★ Guide
@crinrictZilverwolf2 I also have this problem. But it's kind of random.
I think toddler also has the same problem.
Sometimes I can't find put down here interaction with toddler.
Message 9 of 21 (2,023 Views)

Re: [NEEDS INFO/A] [CD] Option to put down pet missing

★★★★★ Apprentice

@kinot9229  I haven't tried it with a toddler yet. I am going to try that and see if i get the option to put the sim down. For me, with the pets it is never random. How often i try does not matter. The option is never there.

Message 10 of 21 (1,998 Views)