Re: [TO TEST] Kitten Stuck on Cat Tree and Cannot Be Reset

by geekgirl101

Original Post

Re: [OPEN] [CD] Kitten Stuck on Cat Tree and Cannot Be Reset

★★★★★ Novice

I had this happen with two kittens, one was adopted, the other one was born into the family. It's the most expensive cat tree. They get to the right most platform that's not at the very top and then they will not get down and can't be picked up from there. Reseting them does nothing. I currently fix this problem by leaving the lot, whistling the cat to me, coming back to the lot and whistling them home again. Adult cats have no issues with cat trees.

Message 11 of 23 (11,015 Views)

The Sims 4 Cats

★★ Novice

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? Sims cats and dogs, dine out, parenthood, city living, bowling stuff and glamour packs
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Having a kitten in game allows it to jump on a bench but if you don't tell the pet off it will become stuck on the bench permanently.
What happens when the bug occurs? kitten meows and sims can't call the pet over or pick it up. it becomes unresponsive being stuck on the bench / fridges no matter where you move the furniture
What do you expect to see? kitten comes when called instead of remaining stuck on the bench tops
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Never used.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? No

Kitten became stuck on the bench top and no matter how many times you move the bench top around the apartment it keeps moving to a different location and being "stuck"

The kitten then meows constantly and will be unresponsive when trying to pick it up. When you ask it what it wants it still functions but it won't leave the bench tops at all.

Showing the bench top or table of fridge as it's prime issue. When you move the furniture it relocates to another surface and remains stuck

Message 12 of 23 (10,984 Views)

★★★ Guide

This happened to me today too.  My Bengal Cat got stuck on a butcher block counter......trying to call it off I got a red x indicating the cats path was blocked, I also cant lecture it anymore about no jumping on counters...I have had this butcher block in the game for 6 months at least, so pathing has not changed: my other cat can jump up and down on the same counter while the Bengal stays stuck.  Traveling to another location with the stuck cat got it unstuck.....but there has been some strange glitches since the Cat and Dog expansion.  Human's get stuck behind objects on reload of a saved games, and pets are appearing outside the locked off areas after a game reload.  This happens occasionally.

Message 13 of 23 (10,910 Views)

★★★ Guide

Bengal adult spayed cat is no longer stuck after traveling to another location with this lovely.

Message 14 of 23 (10,896 Views)

★★ Apprentice

Same issue here with vet clinics that have counters and fridges in them.  The cat jumps up on to a counter and cannot come back off it again.  Moving the said counter results in the cat then teleporting to another random counter or top of a fridge where it can then jump back down.  If there are hired vets in the clinic and they greet the stuck cat they get stuck in a loop of trying to greet it and are unable to interact with any other patient until the stuck cat is unstuck, examined and cured by a controlled sim, resulting in the clinic backing up with patients getting angry about long waiting time.

Message 15 of 23 (10,763 Views)

★★★ Guide

I trained all my cats to stay off the counter....no more getting stuck on them for me until I get a kitten. Standard smile

Message 16 of 23 (10,733 Views)

Re: The Sims 4 Cats

★★ Novice
As a short term fix till a patch can be done I had to sell the large cat jungle scratch post. I believe this is what was causing it to bug out as the cat kept using the 3rd level and getting stuck on there too.

Then I had to place all bench tops, tables and fridges etc. into my inventory until the cat became unstuck and reset to the floor.
Haven’t had any issues since selling the large cat scratching post / multi floor post.
Message 17 of 23 (10,720 Views)

★★★ Guide

Well, this is a 1st.  This cat is stuck on top of a refigerator on the loading of the game.  I'll try the travel fix again.

Message 18 of 23 (10,683 Views)

★★★★★ Novice

I had the same issure with my kitties.

I had to delete all object in the room to get here on the floor again. Reset also didn't help! It was very annoying!

Message 19 of 23 (10,604 Views)

Re: [OPEN] [CD] Kitten Stuck on Cat Tree and Cannot Be Reset

[ Edited ]
★ Apprentice

I have the same thing happening to one of my cats and the kitchen counters. I even deleted the counters one by one and it appeared on a different counter. Finally I had to go to another lot and summon it to me to unstick it without destroying my kitchen. But it keeps happening. By the way. This does not happen to my other cat. (Neither are kittens)

Message 20 of 23 (10,534 Views)