[FIXED] [CD] Kitten/Puppies not added to household after birth

by missdeefying

Original Post

Re: Cat forever pregnant

★★★ Newbie

Maybe save all your stuff (including the cat) and start from scratch and make a new family

I'm sorry if it doesn't work but give it a shot!

Message 41 of 62 (1,414 Views)

Champion (Retired)

Was it a stray you adopted? There currently is an issue with Kittens/Pups not being added to the household in this case. 

You can find a thread about it in the Bugs forum.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Please only PM me when asked to do so. Questions and answers belong here so everyone can benefit from them.
Message 42 of 62 (1,412 Views)

★★★★★ Newbie
Yes she was a stray! Thanks I’ll go check that out.
Message 43 of 62 (1,409 Views)

Hero

Hi @SuperFreakified

I merged your thread with the bug report.

If you could share your save with QA, that would be helpful.

Instructions on the first page.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 44 of 62 (1,390 Views)

★★★ Newbie
Well I ended restarting because i messed it up even more.. i cheated to turn the dog into a ghost thinking if I killed it and told it to leave or something that it would but no it didn't have a headstone and i couldnt reverse it being a ghost so I just restarted and and now I save between a animal getting pregnant and after I sell each puppy or kitten
Message 45 of 62 (1,369 Views)

★★ Novice

My issues with the game since Cats & Dogs expansion:

- When my cat is giving birth my household goes into a T-pose for a second after I've named the kittens but kittens appear, even though she gave birth to three. I've tried three times and the same thing happened. I go to "manage worlds" and save while doing so, and I go back to the household to check. A random spawned kitten has appeared, and doesn't look like their parents at all. The kittens model is brown, has no tail, green and almost closed eyes. This kitten is also broken? Only has one trait: Skittish. And when it aged up I couldn't lecture it to not do things. (The option never came up) So it kept waking me up at night, jumping on counters and eating the sims food. I decided to put the cat up for adoption and try again, but nothing changes.
- I try to lecture my pets, the game says they've learned but they will continue their misbehaviours and the lecture option keeps popping up.
- One of my cats got stuck on my kitchen counters. In order to fix I had to delete/move all counters/tabels into household inventory because the cat would just move to the counter/table next to it.
- The food bowls keep disappearing. They're not in my household inventory, and I'm not gaining simoleons from them disappearing.

Notes:
- Both of the cats I'm trying to breed are adopted
- I tried to spay/neuter and unspay/unneuter both cats to see if that fixed anything
- I have tried resetting the Sims 4 folder in my documents

Save file: https://1drv.ms/u/s!AuhZJuKJhzNqjCyMngtK1OZqYuiz

(I had no idea how to write onto this thread so decided to reply to a random one...)

Message 46 of 62 (1,326 Views)

Re: [TO TEST] Multiple problems with cat breeding

★ Novice

SAME HERE. Did u find a solution?

Message 47 of 62 (1,316 Views)

Re: [SAVES NEEDED] [CD] Kitten/Puppies not added to household after birth

★ Apprentice

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:
PC
Which language are you playing the game in?
 English
How often does the bug occur? 
Every time (100%)
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? 
All of them
Steps: 
I am playing with a brand new file that I started just after getting Cats & Dogs yesterday.  I started playing with a single sim and her male dog.  I made another sim and a dog and placed them in Brindleton Bay.  Eventually, there was romance and marriage.  It combined the two households into one.  The dogs are opposite sex and yet, there is no pregnancy at all.  In fact, the two will get along mostly, until it's time to breed.  Then they growl at one another.  It doesn't matter how good their mood is, this happens every time.  Both owners are at Good friends or better with both dogs. Even trying to use the command of "Be nice to..." doesn't seem to work at all.  
What happens when the bug occurs? 
They just growl at one another and separate.
What do you expect to see? 
I want the game to work properly... I think not being able to even see anything about the pets is a little ridiculous
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? 
No, none
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? 
This is the first time I've played in months.
Please describe the patch or change you made: 
installed Cats & Dogs, Bowling, Toddler, and Fitness stuff packs all yesterday

Message 48 of 62 (1,206 Views)

Re: [CD] Kitten/Puppies not added to household after birth

Hero

Taking feedback on this

Is this till happening ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 49 of 62 (1,163 Views)

Re: [CD] Kitten/Puppies not added to household after birth

★★★★ Novice

Hi crinrict,

This issue is indeed still an issue.

When breeding is succesfull (which only happens if both animals are part of the household, so breeding with an animal not in household, like a stray, no succesful pregnancy has occurred for me yet) and the time arrives for the kittens/puppies to be born, you get the pop up(s) to name each kitten/puppy and then none are added to the household.

if you leave the lot and return 1 will be in the household and it always looks exactly the same, no matter how often you breed and get the one added, it always looks the same no matter who the parents are.

Hope they can fix this soon, because it is getting very frustrating.

Thanks,

Atrusha

Message 50 of 62 (1,142 Views)