Re: Sims 4 breeding glitch

by crinrict

Original Post

Re: Sims 4 breeding glitch

Hero

@trevie1993

merged your post. 

1. Are you using any mods/CC ?
  2. Is this a pre-patch save or did you start a new one ?
  3. Does the same happen if you start a new save for testing purposes ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 21 of 62 (1,775 Views)

Re: [TO TEST] [CD] Multiple problems with cat breeding

★★ Apprentice

@missdeefying wrote:

Whenever my female cat goes into labor to deliver kittens, the labor appears to proceed as normal, and the screen pops up to name the kittens, but the kittens themselves do not appear in the household.

I also have the exact same issue - no custom content or mods - also completely new save file (specifically started after launch of Cats and Dogs)

Message 22 of 62 (1,770 Views)

Cats and Dogs Not Breeding Properly

★★★ Novice

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? I have all but Bowling Night installed.
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Breed any dog or cat.
What happens when the bug occurs? The new puppy(s) or kitten(s) are not added to the household. Using the dresser or mirror to plan an outfit/change sim will cause only one to appear, even if there were multiples. The same appearance will occur when exiting and returning to the lot from another location. There will not even be a profile pic for the new pet(s). They are not in-game. When one finally appears after using one of the two above methods, it has a completely wrong appearance. It does not look like a pure bred if the parents are the same breed, or have any similarities to the parents if they are mixed. I have used the breed randomizer to check.
What do you expect to see? The mother cat/dog gives birth, there is a new profile pic(s) and baby animal(s) in-game.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Not now. I've removed them.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Yes
Please describe the patch or change you made. This has happened every time I have tried to breed cats and dogs since the expansion came out.

The new puppy(s) or kitten(s) are not added to the household. Using the dresser or mirror to plan an outfit/change sim will cause only one to appear, even if there were multiples. The same appearance will occur when exiting and returning to the lot from another location. There will not even be a profile pic for the new pet(s). They are not in-game. When one finally appears after using one of the two above methods, it has a completely wrong appearance. It does not look like a pure bred if the parents are the same breed, or have any similarities to the parents if they are mixed. I have used the breed randomizer to check. I have used two different game saves, and the birth issue appeared in both saves. I thought maybe the first game I had played was corrupted, so even after played for several hours since launch I deleted it. However, the exact same issue occurred in another save.

Message 23 of 62 (1,773 Views)

Re: Cats and Dogs Not Breeding Properly

Hero

@missdeefying Do you still have issues with the the registering as sprayed issue or just the kittens not being added to the household ? I would like to use this for the not being added so if you still have the other issues, could you let me know and maybe create a new thread for those

@lilasa Merged your post

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.

Important Threads

Message 24 of 62 (1,766 Views)

Hero

Added 

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 25 of 62 (1,762 Views)

★ Guide

@crinrictThanks for your help!

I've got a full house of pets at the moment, so I couldn't breed them to see whether the error happens.

I've started a new unmodded save with a generic character from the maxis gallery to see if it happens there. I'll let you know!

Message 26 of 62 (1,748 Views)

Sims and pets can't give birth

★★ Novice

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? Français
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? Cats and Dogs; City Living; Get Togheter; Get to Work; Vampire; Parenthood; Dine Out; Backyard Stuff; spooky Stuff, Outdoor Retreat; Perfect Patio Stuff; Bowling Night Stuff; Vintage Glamour Stuff; Romantic Garden Stuff; Movie Hangout Stuff
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? When your Sim or pet gets pregnant their pregnancy goes well, they go to labour and then they give birth to nothing. There is also an issue when Sims try to give birth in hopital, they keep going back to the operation room and nothing.
What happens when the bug occurs? When your Sim or pet gives birth
What do you expect to see? I want my Sims and pets to have babies
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Yes
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Yes
Please describe the patch or change you made. The 10th November pack and the Cats and Dogs Pack

So since the last update my sims and pets can't give birth , they go into labour and when they gie birth there is no baby. It's probably from a mod or cc, if anyone knows which i'd appreciate the help.

Message 27 of 62 (1,736 Views)

★★★★ Novice

Same issue here.

Breeding only works if both male and female pets are part of the household.

Mating my own pet with one of the strays around or a neighbour's pet never results in pregnancy (unfortunately).

When breeding is succesful, pet will go into labor and the pop up wil appear to name the kittens/pups

After that nothing. No kitten(s) of pup(s)

When leaving the lot and returning 1 will appear. saving the game, exit and go back into the game will also only (maybe) show one of the kittens/pups to appear.

I tried this both with an already played save from before Cats & Dogs and I tried it with a fresh save game. Same story on both acounts

I do not use any mods or cc.

Message 28 of 62 (1,732 Views)

Re: Sims and pets can't give birth

Hero

@QueenCormac

merged your post. Might not be cc/mod related.

Is a stray involved ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 29 of 62 (1,728 Views)

Re: Sims and pets can't give birth

★ Guide

@crinrict  I've tested the other problem in a new, unmodded game. I used a Maxis sim from the gallery.

I tried breeding cats twice and dogs once. All were adopted, one cat as a stray and the other three pets on the computer. None of the breedings resulted in the "fixed pets cannot mate" error.

Yay!

Message 30 of 62 (1,715 Views)