Original Post

Accepted Solution

[FIXED] [CD] Kitten/Puppies not added to household after birth

[ Edited ]
★ Guide

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? pets patch
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? All expansions and packs.
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? This bug occurs every time my female cat goes into labour. I have tried exiting without saving several times, but this bug occurs each time.
What happens when the bug occurs? Multiple errors relating to breeding cats. Took 12 attempts to get the cat pregnant, then on three separate occasions the kittens failed to be added to household. After the most recent attempt, the female cat registers as spayed when attempting to mate, but not when going to the vet to attempt to undo the desexing process.
What do you expect to see? I would really like it if the breeding process actually worked properly. It took me 12 attempts (12 sim days) to get the female pregnant in the first place.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Not now. I've removed them.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Yes
Please describe the patch or change you made. Cats and Dogs patch.

Whenever my female cat goes into labor to deliver kittens, the labor appears to proceed as normal, and the screen pops up to name the kittens, but the kittens themselves do not appear in the household.

I exited without saving three times, and I remained on the lot for 6-12 hours each test, but the kittens did not appear.

The most recent occasion, my cat delivered twins. After 6 hours, I had my sim leave the lot to go to her vet surgery - when she returned one of the kittens had been added to the household but not the other. I tried having the sim leave the lot again, but it did not work (she was away for about 4 hours that time). I also tried entering build mode on the home lot, but this was not successful either. The second kitten did not appear. 

On attempting to breed my adult cats again to test whether the problem recurs, I received an error message stating "fixed pets cannot mate". However, on taking the cats to the vet clinic to unspay/deneuter them, neither one is registering as desexed on the check-in machine. I have no idea what is going on.

Edit (crin)

Saves are needed for this issue.

If you have this issue, please share your save game with QA. Instructions can be found here: [INFORMATION] How to Send User Files to The Sims 4 Team

Message 1 of 62 (12,229 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: [CD] Kitten/Puppies not added to household after birth

Hero
Going to mark this as fixed for now as I haven't had any new reports.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

View in thread

Message 55 of 62 (9,648 Views)

All Replies

Re: Multiple problems with cat breeding

Hero

Hi @missdeefying

did you try this on an existing save or also on a brand new one for testing purposes ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.

Important Threads

Message 2 of 62 (12,087 Views)

Re: Multiple problems with cat breeding

[ Edited ]
★ Guide

This was on a fresh save.

When I first started it, I was playing with the hotfixed MC Command Centre (Sims VIP stated it was safe), but when I started having trouble getting the cats to conceive I removed it from the game and disabled mods. After that, the cat successfully fell pregnant, but then the errors on birth started happening.

I've now started a second clean save with mods both disabled and removed to see whether the problems occur there. I'll let you know via edit if they do.

ETA: On breeding for the first time in the clean save, instead of coming up with the original "this cat has recently been bred, wait 24 hours to see if successful" (paraphrased) message, it now displays a "fixed pets cannot mate" message. Got back from checking both pets at the vet at 2:57am Thurs - 3:07am Friday and the error was still showing up. The male cat has no option to mate/breed at all, but still doesn't show up as neutered at the vet's office.

ETA 2: I've created another clean save (all mods removed from the game and the mod function is disabled). I've tried using CAS dogs and cats instead of ones adopted from stray. I'm just about to hit companion status with all 4 animals, so I'll let you know how the new test goes...

Message 3 of 62 (12,004 Views)

Re: [TO TEST] Multiple problems with cat breeding

★★★ Newbie

I am also having this problem but with my dogs. Although my dog became pregnant upon the first attempt to breed.

I have two adult sims in my household and my two dogs. My dog goes into labor and them I get to name the two puppies. After I name them, they aren't there, at all. Not added to the household or appearing in the house.

I'm not sure if it's related but my adult female sim is currently pregnant, but I"m not sure how that would interfere.

I have a save right before the dog goes into labor and I have reloaded and tried it 6 times with no success.

Message 4 of 62 (11,967 Views)

Hero

do you have any mods ? DO you have a save where it's currently happening you would be willing to share '

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 5 of 62 (11,958 Views)

★★★ Novice

I have a similar bug, My female cat is pregnant, she goes into labor and then nothing, she just keeps being in labor...no kitten...then it says ''fixed cats can't breed''

Message 6 of 62 (11,949 Views)

Hero

Any mods ?

@StormyBubbles wrote:

I have a similar bug, My female cat is pregnant, she goes into labor and then nothing, she just keeps being in labor...no kitten...then it says ''fixed cats can't breed''

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 7 of 62 (11,940 Views)
Highlighted

★ Guide

Update:

I disabled mods in the options menu and removed the mod files from their folder, then created a clean save.

I created 2 dogs (Samoyed breed) and 2 cats (Ragdoll breed) instead of adopting them from strays this time.

I had trouble getting the dog pregnant - only 3 attempts this time - but the cat got pregnant first try. The same problem occurred for dogs and cats.

In all cases, twins were born. The first time with the cats, I stayed on the lot for 24 hours but the kittens were never added to the household, so I got the cat pregnant again. This time, after the twins were born but didn't appear in the household, I left the lot for 12 hours and returned to find one (only one) of the kittens had been added. The kitten looked nothing like either parent, but was identical to the kitten from my previous save. For the record, it's dark brown, short-haired and has a docked tail. Nothing like a Ragdoll.

The same occurred for the dogs - twins were born, but did not appear. I'd gotten a bit frustrated at this point, so I only did the one test breeding. I waited on the lot for 24 hours and when they weren't added to the household I went to my vet surgery and killed time for about 6 hours. On returning, a single puppy had been added that looked nothing like either parent (they're both white with blue/grey eyes, it's black and white in patches, shorthaired and has yellow eyes, and has what I'd call a Doberman-like face).

At this point I've given up and I'm just going to create their offspring via manage worlds and pretend they were pregnant until the game is fixed.

Message 8 of 62 (11,927 Views)

★★ Novice
That was the same as my household. I got my cat pregnant and her kittens never appeared neither. It said I had twins but no kittens were added to my household.
Message 9 of 62 (11,901 Views)

Hero

Need to test this but thanks for the reports so far.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 10 of 62 (11,870 Views)