Original Post

Accepted Solution

[FIXED] [CD] Graphics Glitch - Litter-Matic box looks like it needs cleaning

[ Edited ]
★★★ Guide

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Often (50% - 99%)
What is your current game version number? n/a
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? ALL
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Have a cat and a catbox.
What happens when the bug occurs? A couple of days of having the litter box
What do you expect to see? Not to have to constantly be buying automatic litter boxes
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Never used.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? No

So I bought my sims cat a automatic litter box but after a couple days she requests it to be clean so I buy a new one and the same thing happens is this a bug?

Message 1 of 23 (4,883 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: [OPEN] [CD] Graphics Glitch - Litter-Matic box looks like it needs cleaning

Hero

Fixed an issue where the “Litter-Matic Scoop-Free” litterbox wasn’t looking clean after cat poop had been removed.

Fixed in Patch 1.51.75

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

View in thread

Message 21 of 23 (3,118 Views)

All Replies

Re: Automatic Litter Box

EA Staff

Hi @pepperjax1230

Would you be willing to send your save files?  If so, instructions are here:

https://answers.ea.com/t5/Bug-Reports/INFORMATION-How-to-Send-User-Files-to-The-Sims-4-Team/m-p/6065...

That would help us a lot!.

Thank you very much!         

Message 2 of 23 (4,815 Views)

★★★ Guide

@SimGuruIcarus wrote:

Hi @pepperjax1230

Would you be willing to send your save files?  If so, instructions are here:

https://answers.ea.com/t5/Bug-Reports/INFORMATION-How-to-Send-User-Files-to-The-Sims-4-Team/m-p/6065...

That would help us a lot!.

Thank you very much!         

yes and I do have CC I wasn't sure what that question meant. But this is the save https://drive.google.com/drive/my-drive link. But I might have figured out the problem except I didn't think the automatic litter boxed needed cleaned.

Message 3 of 23 (4,804 Views)

★★ Apprentice
The laser litter box seems ok (although my cat will occasionally ask for a clean box, i think they're just too lazy to go to the basement), but the lesser automatic litter box has to be emptied. Once mine got too full (i guess) and even after cleaning it, it looked like cat poo was always there. I sold it and went to lasers.
Message 4 of 23 (4,881 Views)

Hero
Going to mark this as not bug for now.

Seems to be a misunderstanding

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.

Important Threads

Message 5 of 23 (4,746 Views)

★★★ Apprentice

This is definitely a bug. What's happening is that the automatic litter box SHOULD work like this: it pushes the poo away, but eventually, it needs to be emptied. It gets emptied. It goes back to working normally. Rinse, Repeat. What's actually happening is that after it is emptied the first time, the cat poop remains visible and there is no way to get it to go away: not by emptying again, or the cat using it, or anything. Therefore, it has to be replaced as the only workaround to this bug.

I prefer this litter box because the laser one is a bit too ridiculous for me.

Message 6 of 23 (4,707 Views)

Hero

To be sure I understand you correctly @rentur3: It's only a visual bug, right ? They can use it as intended but it's not showing that it's clean ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 7 of 23 (4,671 Views)

★★ Apprentice
What @rentur3 is saying is completely correct. It's a visual bug. When you have a sim empty the litter storage, the poo still remains visible in the litter box.
Message 8 of 23 (4,652 Views)

Hero (Retired)

Added to our list.

Message 9 of 23 (4,612 Views)

Re: [OPEN] [CD] Graphics Glitch - Litter-Matic box looks like it needs cleaning

★★★★ Novice

Hey, I've also had this problem for awhile and I always thought it was something with my game. But after deleting the game and re-downloading the Sims, the issue still persists. I have also removed all of my mods and tested it with a new family

07-13-18_10-35-11 PM.png

(plus, my pets are still spamming my sim's task list) Sigh, everything seems to have gone even more buggy since the latest patch Frown

Message 10 of 23 (4,549 Views)