Original Post

Accepted Solution

[FIXED] [CD] Going for jog with dog only builds fitness in Brindleton Bay

[ Edited ]
★★ Guide

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:Mac
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? All except for Toddler Stuff
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Click on pet dog and select "Go for a jog"
What happens when the bug occurs? Sim spins into athletic gear and goes jogging with dog, but Sim does not build fitness skill.
What do you expect to see? Sim should build fitness skill while jogging with dog.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Never used.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? No

Tested while jogging with dog in Windenburg. (Walking or jogging with dog in Windenburg both took many hours by the way, even when selecting "short walk", but that's a separate issue probably to do with routing.)

Message 1 of 12 (1,357 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: [OPEN] [CD] Going for jog with dog only builds fitness in Brindleton Bay

Hero

To me this looks fixed. 

@funcrunch @NZsimm3r @Lumiasta @Helga_Victim @paradiseplanet27

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

View in thread

Message 12 of 12 (1,309 Views)

All Replies

Re: [TO TEST] [CD] Go for a jog with dog does not build fitness skill

Hero

Hi @funcrunch

for me it's just an issue of the fitness skill not getting highlighted. My Sims did build it. I have tried a different town though.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.

Important Threads

Message 2 of 12 (1,315 Views)

Re: [TO TEST] [CD] Go for a jog with dog does not build fitness skill

★★ Guide

I'll watch more closely next time I try it then. My jogging Sim already had a high fitness skill so maybe it was less notable that it was building.

Message 3 of 12 (1,313 Views)

Re: Go for a jog with dog does not build fitness skill

Hero

Still a bug in my eyes so I adjusted the title and added

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 4 of 12 (1,301 Views)

Re: Go for a jog with dog does not build fitness skill

Hero

I tested a different town and I think they didn't gain the skill there. Maybe they just gain in Brindleton Bay.

I'll change the title back

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 5 of 12 (1,293 Views)

★ Guide

Fitness skill does build in all worlds. Just the fitness leveling up bar above a sim head or in the skills UI does not show the skill gain. My sim jogged with his dog around Willowcreek (museum area) To all intents and purposes it looked as no fitness skill was being gained until I got the notification that he had gained level 3 fitness skill and that he could now do endurance running on the treadmill etc etc

Message 6 of 12 (1,276 Views)

Hero

@NZsimm3r

thanks for that info.

I was using Windenburg and while in Brindleton Bay I saw the bar actually going up, it seemed completely stuck in Windenburg. I didn't go jogging that long though.

Something is off though :D

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 7 of 12 (1,264 Views)

★★ Guide

FWIW my Windenburg Sim jogged with her dog for many hours and the skill bar did not seem to budge at all, during or afterward. She was already level 9 fitness though. Now all of my Sims in that household are level 10 fitness, so I can't readily test again until I get around to getting a dog for another family.

Message 8 of 12 (1,259 Views)

★★★ Apprentice

My sim was on a jog with dog for several hours in Windenburg but fitness skill was not increased (the sim has third level of skill, so it should be seen anyway).

Message 9 of 12 (1,239 Views)

★★ Guide

I haven't paid attention to this exact issue, but noticed something related: jogging with a dog does not seem to count for the Athletic aspiration's 'go jogging for 2 total hours' either.

Message 10 of 12 (1,227 Views)