Original Post

Accepted Solution

[FIXED] [CD] Game created cat only household

[ Edited ]
★ Pro

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Rarely (0% - 9%)
What is your current game version number? n/a
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? All released content installed.
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Not sure what to say here. I just noticed the problem yesterday. It does appear to be the only pet only household created by the game in the different worlds in this save. Since it isn't supposed to happen, I have no idea how it occurred, or how the issue could be duplicated.
What happens when the bug occurs? Penthouse shown as occupied but only a cat shows. It has caused weirdness, though. At different times when I kept checking to see if there was an owner, it has shown different housed sims in San Myshuno pictured with the cat. It's like the game knows it shouldn't be there alone but can't solve the problem. I've seen the sim that lives next door to the Jang family shown with it, as well as Rasoya and tonight it even showed a ghost that moved into San Myshuno but lives elsewhere.
What do you expect to see? No pet only household since it isn't supposed to be allowed by the game.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Never used.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Neutral/Not Sure 

I haven't attempted to rectify the problem yet because I'm not sure of the best way to handle, i.e. evict or attempt a merge.  The name for the household is Holliday but no such household appears in household manager when accessed from top icon.  I got the pic I've attached by clicking on the household button with the lot selected.

Well, since the cat comes with 20,000 simoleans, I guess I should select a family to merge it with, lol.

Message 1 of 10 (1,468 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: [CD] Game created cat only household in San Myshuno Penthouse

★ Pro
@crinrict since you're trying to clean up the list by checking status on old issues, thought I'd say that I haven't had this occur in my game since January 2018. It didn't seem to be a prevalent problem at the time either.

Think we can safely assume this issue was fixed and you can close this thread.

View in thread

Message 7 of 10 (1,094 Views)

All Replies

Community Manager (retired)

Can you share your save file with us, where this issue is occurring? Thanks for the help! Instructions for sending me your save file: https://answers.ea.com/t5/Bug-Reports/INFORMATION-How-to-Send-User-Files-to-The-Sims-4-Team/m-p/6065...

This account is no longer accepting Direct Messages. If you need to send a Direct Message, please send it to TheSimsDirect. Thank you.

Message 2 of 10 (1,438 Views)

★ Pro

@SimGuruNick  , file has been uploaded via the upload widget.  Name is dolldrms1CatOnlyHH.rar .

If you have a suggestion as to whether I should move the cat to another hh, or, just evict, lmk.  I would like the option most likely not to totally turn the save into toast, lol.

Message 3 of 10 (1,424 Views)

Hero

Thanks @dolldrms1

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 4 of 10 (1,398 Views)

[ Edited ]
★ Pro

Good grief, my save has been struck with yet another "cat only" household.  This time in Oasis Springs, the house to the right of the household pic that is attached.

The cat household doesn't have a household name this time around but does exhibit the weirdness of picturing housed Oasis Springs sims with it from time to time when hovering over the lot.  Again, that's like the game would like to solve a problem that shouldn't be there but can't manage to do so.

When this happened a couple of weeks ago, I ended up merging the cat with a household.  It seemed all went smoothly, with the cat bringing a lot of money into the new home after selling the penthouse furniture.  That family won the lottery...penthouse cat, lol.  It was Porkchop, an elder cat who has just passed on.  I think I had seen him as a stray in BB earlier in the save, although I thought all the strays are supposed to be adults.  I don't yet know who this new cat is.

I've zipped up the save versions in case they are wanted/needed.

Edited to add additional information although I don't know if any of it is relevant.  I play 4 families in this save.  When I returned to the family with the first merged cat two things I didn't expect had occurred.  The teen daughter had aged into a YA and the cat was near the front door in an urn.  I normally try to check to be sure how far I am from birthdays to return for them, especially in a hh with a toddler, child or teen, but the possibility exists I neglected to do so before I left the household.

I also want to mention that I had moved that family from San Myshuno to Oasis Springs after merging the cat.  I am now wondering if the creation of another "cat only" hh in Oasis Springs is coincidental or not.  Perhaps the death of the first merged cat had something to do with a second "cat only" household appearing in the same world the first cat had lived in.

I went back into game and merged this second cat into the same household as I had the first one.  The cat's name is Doc, it is a ghost cat and only has one trait.  No urn or grave as far as I can tell so I had the family give Doc an ambrosia treat.  Don't know if that was the thing to do or not.  I have a sinking feeling this save is turning into a BFBVFS.  Tagging @crinrict  only for edit awareness.

Message 5 of 10 (1,361 Views)

Hero
Added

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.

Important Threads

Message 6 of 10 (1,297 Views)

★ Pro
@crinrict since you're trying to clean up the list by checking status on old issues, thought I'd say that I haven't had this occur in my game since January 2018. It didn't seem to be a prevalent problem at the time either.

Think we can safely assume this issue was fixed and you can close this thread.
Message 7 of 10 (1,095 Views)

Hero
@dolldrms1 thanks

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 8 of 10 (1,086 Views)

Re: [FIXED] [CD] Game created cat only household

★ Guide

I'm wondering if this is related to the explosion of teen-only and child-only households I've seen in my game. I couldn't save them once I viewed them in CAS, so I ended up merging them with other families and eventually moving them into a boarding school with some random Fortune Sim.

Message 9 of 10 (1,044 Views)

Re: [FIXED] [CD] Game created cat only household

Hero
@sleekoduck87 Are you still seeing this in your game too ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 10 of 10 (1,032 Views)