Original Post

Accepted Solution

[FIXED] [CD] Fishing Sign backwards in Deadgrass Isle

[ Edited ]
Hero (Retired)

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? All
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Have sim travel to Deadgrass Isle in Brindleton Bay and head for the beach near the Lighthouse.
What happens when the bug occurs? The fishing sign at the beach is pointing in the wrong direction, causing the sim to fish on land.
What do you expect to see? The fishing sign should be pointed at the ocean, so that the fishing animation looks normal.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Never used.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Yes
Please describe the patch or change you made. New with Cats and Dogs expansion (in Brindleton Bay)

Here is an image of the problem:

11-14-17_10-42-58 AM.png

Message 1 of 10 (2,882 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: [FIXED] [CD] Fishing Sign backwards in Deadgrass Isle

Hero

Sims now face the right direction when fishing in Brindleton Bay. The water is thataway!

Fixed in Patch 1.44.77

I hope all instances are fixed. I didn't test.

If anyone still has issues, feel free to come back.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

View in thread

Message 8 of 10 (2,475 Views)

All Replies

Re: [TO ADD] [CD] Fishing Sign backwards in Deadgrass Isle

★★ Guide

Fishing the wrong directionCapture.JPG

Message 2 of 10 (2,756 Views)

★ Pro

Didn't find this in the compiled list but did by searching the site.  LOL, couldn't imagine this not being spotted before now.

Err, fishing in the sand in fully patched game on 12/29/17.

Message 3 of 10 (2,703 Views)

★★★ Newbie

I have that problem as well. But I also have a problem on another shore near the lighthouse where my sim is not able to fish. She only gives the something is in the way sign and I wonder why since its supposed to be a fishing spot.

Message 4 of 10 (2,674 Views)

[CD] Furthest fishing spot on Deadgrass Isle unreachable

Champion (Retired)

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? GTW, GT, CL, CD, Parenthood, Vampires, Outdoor Retreat, Spa Day, Perfect Patio, Romantic Garden, Vintage Glamour, Luxury Party, Holiday Celebration,
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Take any sim child-elder, travel to Deadgrass Isle in Brindleton Bay. Go fo the furthest fishing spot, after having passed the pet cementary, snd try to fish, either clicking on the water or the fishing-sign.
What happens when the bug occurs? The water is unreachable, too far away, she sim is waving his hand and everyone will go hungry tonight Frown
What do you expect to see? Sim happily fishing
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Not now. I've removed them.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Neutral/Not Sure 

Hi!
So this was reported this on the Swedish version of http://forums.thesims.com, so I checked it out and found that they were right (thanks Lena!).

Thought that it belonged better here than there. Should be easy-fixed, the sign is probably just too far out or the area where the sim can walk should be extended. Or remove the fishing sign, that's also an option :P

Here are some pictures of area and location

Skärmklipp.PNG

Skärmklipp3.PNG

Skärmklipp2.PNG

Message 5 of 10 (2,640 Views)

Re: [CD] Furthest fishing spot on Deadgrass Isle unreachable

Hero (Retired)

Thanks - I was able to duplicate the 2nd bad fishing spot.

Message 6 of 10 (2,601 Views)

Re: [CD] Furthest fishing spot on Deadgrass Isle unreachable

[ Edited ]
Champion (Retired)

@BryonyRae

Maybe they never actually wanted us to fish on Deadgrass Isle! Frown

Message 7 of 10 (2,569 Views)

Hero

Sims now face the right direction when fishing in Brindleton Bay. The water is thataway!

Fixed in Patch 1.44.77

I hope all instances are fixed. I didn't test.

If anyone still has issues, feel free to come back.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 8 of 10 (2,476 Views)

Hero (Retired)

Looks good in my game now.  @CMeki @simperky @dolldrms1 @marjia can any of you confirm?

Message 9 of 10 (2,408 Views)
Highlighted

★★ Guide
yes it's fixed.
Message 10 of 10 (2,400 Views)