Original Post

Accepted Solution

[FIXED] [CD] Endless Return from Daycare Notifications

[ Edited ]
★★★ Novice

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? 1.68.156.1020
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? All of them except Journey to Batuu
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Take a toddler on vacation
What happens when the bug occurs? I get endless notifications that my toddler has returned from daycare, even though he is on vacation with the rest of his family.
What do you expect to see? No notifications because he was not at daycare
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Not now. I've removed them.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Yes
Please describe the patch or change you made. The 11/20/2020 EA patch

I took a Sim family on vacation to Mt. Komorebi. Every 30 seconds-1 minute, I get a notification that the toddler in the family has returned from daycare when on the rental lot. Out of the house on the mountain there are not notifications, but as soon as he returns to the lot, I get many. Then they reoccur until he leaves the lot again. I saw this happened with Jungle Adventure, as well. I removed all of my mods and CC and it still happened. This has been happening since last night, which was the first time I'd played since the latest patch.

Edit By Crinrict: Added Tag to Title, Adjusted Title

Message 5 of 34 (8,439 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: [OPEN] [CD] Endless Return from Daycare Notifications

Hero

The Return from Daycare notification will now only appear once.

Fixed in Patch 1.94.147/1.68

If you're still experiencing this issue, please create a new thread.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

View in thread

Message 34 of 34 (3,451 Views)

All Replies

Vacation and toddler

★★ Novice

While on holiday, i kept getting a notification to say my toddlers have returned from daycare. This would pop up every few mins. But they never were at daycare. Alway someone to look after them 

Message 1 of 34 (8,039 Views)

Re: Vacation and toddler

★★ Pro

Hi @Screeny1996 Do you use any mods?

Message 2 of 34 (8,030 Views)

★★ Novice

Yes i do use mods in the process of going through them to see if its that has been causing the problem 

Message 3 of 34 (7,977 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★ Pro

Good idea, my  Simsonic Weebly Mod Tracker has a lot of up-to-date info on updates & which ones are broken or now updated Thumbs up

Especially check any 'child or daycare type mods' eg: the Education Bundle by Kawaii Stacie has an update.

More tips here on updating:

Spoiler
  • Apart from culling your folders one by one, or the  50/50 method, to narrow down the broken cc or mod, that is all you can do, (restarting and checking your game each time) you'll simply need to find the broken mod/cc it and remove it
  • Mods & cc are well known to cause various in-game issues please check for updates to them / where you found them; do this also > after any sims update or adding a game pack,

• I also use Sims 4 Studio for batch fixes, as it solves a lot of problems in bulk (but not all.) It's also available for Mac. And is updated frequently, with pack relevant bug fixes.
Mods and CC require maintenance to keep them in your game, if the modder has not updated it after a game patch/update it may be broken (you can check via the mod tracker for reported broken, etc mods). The process of culling & removing it, to find the broken mod is the only option though, you'll find it won't be 'all of them' but a few or even just 'one'.. 

After every patch or game update, this is a necessary process, to add your mods back to your game, folder by folder and starting it each time to test to see if it's ok to play. (nb: you should keep them separated for ease of checking, btw)

Also,  if you are new to using cc/mods please check my post here on maintaining your game.  as there is many tips including the 50/50 method and tools to help you fix your game and how to find the broken mod. 

Sasha..

Message 4 of 34 (7,974 Views)

Re: Endless Return from Daycare Notifications

Hero
@parryotter So I just tested this with my save and can't duplicate.

Were your toddlers at daycare when you went on vacation ?

Thee used to be an issue with this but that's supposed to be fixed so the JA issue you saw, was that a while ago or after Nov patch ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.

Important Threads

Message 6 of 34 (8,374 Views)

★★★ Novice
@crinrict No, they were not at daycare. This is from the latest patch.
Message 7 of 34 (8,365 Views)

Hero
@parryotter And you get it every time ?

Can you delete the following files from your doc folder (no worries, they recreate)

- notify.glob
- localthumbcache.package

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 8 of 34 (8,361 Views)

★ Novice

I encountered the same problem today. Though I thought it's about my pets! I tried 3 families with a toddler to go on vacation. One family no pets - and no problem. The second family has cats - went on vacation and left the cats at home then I got the endless notif about the toddler returning from daycare. The third family has dogs - went on vacation and took the pets with them as well and I do not seem to have the said endless notifications. 

Message 9 of 34 (8,343 Views)

[ Edited ]
★ Apprentice

Hi!!

I'm having the same issue as well ("soandso has returned from daycare" repeated notifications - despite clearly being on the lot), since the most recent patch.

I tried quitting the game and Origin and then clearing the caches, plus deleting the files that you had suggested, and it still kept filling up the side of the screen. I finally had to send the poor tot home to be with a nanny and the dog, because it was getting extremely distracting!

Message 10 of 34 (8,333 Views)