Re: [OPEN] [CD] Editing vet outfits in CAS resets vet clinic

by crinrict

Original Post

Re: Lost game progress after changing Vet Clothes?

Hero

Hi @kinzo103

this is a known bug.

I've merged your post with existing bug report on the issue.

Please click on the me too button in the first page.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 21 of 58 (2,977 Views)

★★★ Guide

I get the reverse of this. I go into CAS to edit the vet uniform and when I come back the live mode in the clinic time has jumped forward by 1000+ days, everyone except the vampires are dead (luckily my main vet/clinic owner is a vampire or she probably would be dead too) , my pets are all dead and long since released spirits, employees are of course long dead. I have quit trying to edit anything in CAS while at my vet clinic. Confused

Message 22 of 58 (2,869 Views)

[ Edited ]
EA Sims Team

Hello @aidans1985 

Did you have mods installed when you saw this issue? 

If you saw the issue without mods, would you be willing to share your save files (preferably from before and after the issue)? 

If so, please follow the instructions on the link below, and send me a private message with the file location:

https://answers.ea.com/t5/Bug-Reports/INFORMATION-How-to-Send-User-Files-to-The-Sims-4-Team/m-p/6065...

This account is no longer accepting Direct Messages. If you need to send a Direct Message, please send it to TheSimsDirect. Thank you.

Message 23 of 58 (2,854 Views)

★★★ Guide
I am getting an "Invalid Parameters Specified" error when I go to that page. I'm logged in too. Also I NEVER use mods.
Message 24 of 58 (2,845 Views)

Hero

HI @aidans1985 

I fixed the link in the post above. It should work now.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.

Important Threads

Message 25 of 58 (2,837 Views)

★★★ Newbie

Hello, I am also having this same problem, but with a restaurant. The sim who owns it is in an active career. Could this be the cause for the glitch? She is currently an actress. Thanks!

Message 26 of 58 (2,775 Views)

★★★ Novice

Happens to me with Dine out. everything gets reset after the create-a-sim part of making a uniform. Still no solution to this?

Message 27 of 58 (2,630 Views)
Highlighted

Hero
@permafrostttt It seems to be hit and miss. Make sure to save before you edit the uniform, then try again.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 28 of 58 (2,626 Views)

Editing Vet Uniform Broke parts of my Save

★★★★★ Apprentice

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Often (50% - 99%)
What is your current game version number? 1.50.67.1020
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? All of them
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Edit vet uniform while the vet is closed on the lot.
What happens when the bug occurs? While running a vet, editing a uniform in CAS then leaving CAS (while saving the new outfit) broke parts of my save. - When exiting CAS the game sometimes doesn't save the new uniform I've created, so I would need to go back into CAS to create the same outfit again hoping it would save, at some point the outfit was saved. - After a day of working at the clinic, I hop in to edit the uniform, and after saving and exiting the outfit the day jumped back to the morning. - upon returning home my sims husband was pregnant with his alien baby even though he just gave birth - the alien baby that was already born was no longer an alien and no longer related to the birther - the game went back a couple days of the week, the husband gave birth to his alien baby after Spooky Day, but the date was set back to before Spooky Day, and yet the baby alien that was born after spooky day was still there except no longer an alien/related to anybody. I know this might all be confusing, however my main point here is that simply editing my sims Vet Uniform somehow managed to do all this.
What do you expect to see? None of this mess.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Not now. I've removed them.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Yes
Please describe the patch or change you made. This only happened after the latest patch.

Message 29 of 58 (2,615 Views)

Re: Editing Vet Uniform Broke parts of my Save

Hero
@filipomel This is a known issue. Editing resets the game progress.

I merged your thread.

Best thing to do is either not edit it or do it just after entering the game.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 30 of 58 (2,605 Views)