Pets disappearing

by SwanQueenVI

Original Post

Re: Dog disappearing

★★★★ Novice

I found something that works which is transfer ur per to one  household then move them back. Seems to fix the issue for now. 

Message 341 of 437 (597 Views)

Pets disappearing

★★★★★ Novice

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:Sony Playstation 4
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Often (50% - 99%)
What is your current game version number? 1.28
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? All of them
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Play with a household that has a dog.
What happens when the bug occurs? The dog runs off and it doesn’t say anything about it running away.
What do you expect to see? The dogs not disappearing
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? On console - never used.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? No

Please fix this.

Message 342 of 437 (540 Views)

Re: [OPEN] [CD] Dog/Cat disappearing

★★ Guide

@mckenzierae19 

Fill  this  out in a reply here please and click "me too" button on the very 1st postWink

Product:
Platform:
Which language are you playing the game in? 
How often does the bug occur? 
What is your current game version number? 
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? 
Steps: 
What happens when the bug occurs? 
What do you expect to see? 
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? 
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system?
If yes, please describe the patch or change you made.
Message 343 of 437 (512 Views)

Re: Cats disappearing

★★ Apprentice

Same here. My cat leaves and Don't return. He's not running away he just disappears. I tried calling him and he still won't come home. If i travel and select him to come with me he will. But once we are home again he leaves. And when i tell him to go hunting or whatever he don't do it.

Message 344 of 437 (452 Views)

Re: Missing Pets after Eco update

★★★ Newbie

The same thing has been happening to me: it even happened while I was getting my dog spayed. She would be chilling around the house, going on a walk, doing pretty much anything, and then poof! Suddenly no dog and she's greyed out as if she's gone somewhere. Sometimes she actually is somehow on a different lot, and I can call her back. Other times, it doesn't show any location she could be gone to, and calling her doesn't work. It's extremely frustrating.

Message 345 of 437 (447 Views)

Re: Missing Pets after Eco update

★★ Guide

@ade_chet  & @SimDiva1 

Fill  this  out in a reply here please and click "me too" button on the very 1st post

Product:
Platform:
Which language are you playing the game in? 
How often does the bug occur? 
What is your current game version number? 
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? 
Steps: 
What happens when the bug occurs? 
What do you expect to see? 
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? 
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system?
Message 346 of 437 (427 Views)

★★★★★ Newbie

Same problem here, they're not running away as other people are suggesting, they glitch out, they vanish. They are then greyed out and can't be whistled for, can't post alert about missing pet but can invite that pet to hangout at the lot... they come back when I travel with the sim but then always glitch out again. 

Message 347 of 437 (397 Views)

★★ Guide

@AmberLove146  most are saying that they are vanishing, but please fill out the form my dear and click the "me too" button on the 1st post

Message 348 of 437 (379 Views)

★★ Novice

This also happens to me - the dog/cat (large or small, puppy/kitten, adult or elder) goes missing after about 12-24 in-game hours. It's happened ever since the June patch. I was playing on my Mac which is a bit old so thought it was that, but have recently switched all of my Sims games to my brand new gaming PC. After installing all the games, no mods or cc the same problem has occurred again. I have had dogs and cats run away before, and it is not the same issue. The only way to make the pet come back is to leave the lot and then on returning the pet will be back - rest by the front of the lot. 

Message 349 of 437 (378 Views)

★★ Novice

Product: The Sims 4
Platform: PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Every time I play - ever 12-24 in-game hours
What is your current game version number? 1.64.84.1020
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? City Living, Seasons, Cats and Dogs, Discover University, Get to Work, Spa Day, Get Famous, Eco Lifestyle, Parenthood, Realm of Magic, Spa Day, StrangerVille, Moschino stuff, Toddler stuff
Steps: Have a dog or cat in the household, wait for about a day in game
What happens when the bug occurs? The pet disappears into thin air and the pet's icon is greyed out as if they were off lot. They have not run away, and there is no way to return them (apart from travelling to another lot, then coming back, where the pet will be reset)
What do you expect to see? No disappearing pets Frown 
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? No
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Yes, June 2020 patch

Message 350 of 437 (608 Views)