Re: Indoor pets

by asthehind

Original Post

Re: Pets randomly travel and cannot leave through door

★★ Novice

Hi! This happened to me and I think I figured it out. I updated the game after ECO was released and then when I moved my Sim into apartment I adopted 2 cats and they both disappeared and greyed out and I couldn't get them back. I tried resetting them, locking them in the apartment, etc. I couldn't figure it out! So, I decided my last option was to repair the game. If you go through Origin and click on the game cover you should see a list of things you can do to the game like update it or repair it. I just hit the Repair and then let it do it's thing. Took less than a minute. Now I'm playing the game and it's been a "week" in Sims time and my cat is still in the house. I also locked it in the apartment as an added security measure. I hope this works for you and everyone else with this issue! Standard smile 

Message 171 of 437 (1,132 Views)

Re: [OPEN] [CD] Dog/Cat disappearing

★★ Novice

This happens with my cat in the city apartments. I thought he was leaving down the elevator and unable to come home, but my sim would literally be interacting with the cat and instantly the cat would vanish and their portrait would turn gray.  

Message 172 of 437 (1,087 Views)

Hero
@1J2S3D To be sure, the vanishing issue has nothing to do with the locked door issue you see ? As you said they go outside but can't go back inside, the disappearing animals wasn't what you reported at first ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 173 of 437 (1,088 Views)

★ Apprentice

When I reported it I wasn’t sure what was going on. As I kept playing I realized it was cause they were vanishing and disappearing outside of the house. I didn’t know why I kept seeing their location as other than my house and thought it was cause the lock door mechanism wasn’t working (which still could be true). I didn’t realize that they were literally disappearing into thin air and reappearing outside the house at another location until later

Message 174 of 437 (1,078 Views)

Community Manager

@1J2S3D @PriestessAvenara Hey. we moved some of your posts from the other thread to this one, just to try keep the relevant discussions in the right place. Thanks. 

David.png
Stay and Play.png
Message 175 of 437 (1,067 Views)

★★★ Apprentice

@EA_Davidis there an eta on a fix for this? I suspect many feel as I do that this is a game breaking bug.

Message 176 of 437 (1,016 Views)

★ Novice

Im having this issues as well, Its mad annoying but try repairing the game if that doesn’t work its probably a bug. 

Message 177 of 437 (956 Views)

★★★★ Novice

I'm having the same problem!!

Message 178 of 437 (931 Views)

Re: Pets randomly travel and cannot leave through door

[ Edited ]
★ Apprentice

I did repair it and it’s still doing it for me

When can we expect a fix?

I feel the same way

[Admin - merged consecutive posts together]

Message 179 of 437 (922 Views)

Re: [OPEN] [CD] Dog/Cat disappearing

★★★ Newbie

This happens to me on Mac ALL THE TIME, 100% of the time. All my pets just disappear and go grey, only way to get them is by traveling with them and coming back. How do we get attention to this major issue and get a fix?!

Message 180 of 437 (865 Views)