Re: [OPEN] [CD] Dog/Cat disappearing

by Lumiasta

Original Post

[ Edited ]
★ Guide

It would be really useful to know if the latest patch today on the 10th fixed anything. I would risk testing all my mods again just to have my pets back.

I will swing around this thread again and see how it goes.

Edit: now I saw the replies saying that the patch did not help. On the phone, must have scrolled past.

Keeping fingers crossed for a speedy fix.

Message 101 of 437 (824 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★ Guide

@SilentK008 Today's patch wasn't really focused on tuning/gameplay fixes like the pet & N.A.P. issues--it seems like they're trying to sort out crashes/loading problems first. Patch notes:

https://www.ea.com/games/the-sims/the-sims-4/news/update-notes-june-10-2020

Message 102 of 437 (818 Views)

★★ Novice

I was able to resolve this by going to the relationship tab and inviting my pet to hang out at the current lot. He hasn’t left since then and it’s been a few game play days. 

Message 103 of 437 (792 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Novice

I just can’t believe this is happening... if EA was suppose to release a FULL OF BUGS patch, better not to release it at all... I can’t play till I get my pets FIXED , it’s ridiculous, nobody seems to matter about that. How do I downgrade the patch , can I? I’m seriously considering a refund on Pets&Dogs expansion, cuz I’m paying for nothing...

Message 104 of 437 (824 Views)

Re: Dog dissapearing

★★ Novice
@crinrict With my puppy sleeping seemed to trigger it, but as an adult it just disappears.
Message 105 of 437 (820 Views)

★ Novice
@anotheramyerin This worked to resolve the issue for me! Definitely annoying it happened in the first place, and it didn't start happening until this newest update on 6/10/20/
Message 106 of 437 (770 Views)

★★★ Novice

This has been happening to me ever since the upgrade on 6/2. Dog disappears, greys out, have to travel with him to get him back. Happens in every household with a pet. Really frustrating. Hope it gets fixed soon! 

Message 107 of 437 (737 Views)

Re: Pets Randomly disappearing from home lot

Hero
@llexiAutumnn I merged your post with existing report.

Make sure to click me too on the first post.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 108 of 437 (712 Views)

★★ Guide

@Zaf_Mess I did keep the sim in the household, yes, since it wasn't a test, but natural part of that sim's story. So no idea if removing the added sim later changes things again for the worse.

Message 109 of 437 (694 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★ Apprentice

@DanyRess It's pretty much been their pattern with the sims since TS2! I normally wait for bugs to be ironed out before buying a new EP but this time excitment got the better of me. XD I recommend waiting a couple of weeks or more before buying in future, that way either EA will have the bugs fixed or modders will have done it.

Message 110 of 437 (655 Views)