Re: [OPEN] [CD] Dog/Cat disappearing

by delelise

Original Post

★ Apprentice

My cat had run away the day before while I was playing and when i opened the game today he was back for a few minutes and then i couldn’t find him and the autolights in my house are registering something inside. I went to manage worlds and went back into my household and he was back and then i watched him jump on the counter and then disappear completely. he vanished before my eyes. my lights are still registering him being in there but his icon is greyed out and the whistle won’t work. I’m running the new patch on mac. 

Message 51 of 437 (4,666 Views)

★★★★ Novice

Also an issue for me with cats. New Sim, attempted to adopt cats. Went through the process but the adopter never showed. Tried to call again and the Sim would dial and then reset. (The animation would have them sticking arms and legs out to the side like an X shape and then return to normal standing.)

I finally got two adopted and they disappeared from the lot twice. (Apartment.) First time, they were no where to be found, the whistle command was available but only for the adult cat. It didn't work. So I traveled, bringing them along and Sim and cats made it home 

The second time I saw them disappear. One was in the litter and I was waiting to clean it. The adult appeared at the elevator, the kitten outside the door. I had to send my Sim to pick them up and bring them in. Door lock was on for all pets. 

Message 52 of 437 (4,659 Views)

Re: sims 4 June 2020 update pet issue

★★ Novice
@samanthauren Me too I hope EA fixes this glitch soon
Message 53 of 437 (4,616 Views)

★★★ Apprentice

I had this problem, and had hit the 'me too'. I carried on playing, and as weird as it was, I called the dog to invite to hangout every time she disappeared, and she came back as if I'd just called her....Until I added a new sim to the household, through the 'Ask to Join Household' option. Seems sorted, she hasn't disappeared since. Fingers crossed I'm not jinxing it. 

Message 54 of 437 (4,609 Views)

★★★ Novice

me thing is happening to me, i would try to go pet the cat and the action would disappear because my cat decided to disappear, not even having the aloof trait on Frown I just want my cat to stay hommeeee!

Message 55 of 437 (4,556 Views)

★★ Novice

Same thing happening to me. I just bought this expansion today. I literally just bought a cat now and within two minutes of petting it, it disappears completely and greys out on its icon. Doesn't come when called or say it's on a different lot.

Message 56 of 437 (4,537 Views)

★★★★ Novice
@LadyLou94 Also happening to me! I don't have any mods and I have all the packs installed. If I hover over my dogs picture it tells me where shes at so I know she didn't run away.
Message 57 of 437 (4,527 Views)

Cats not returning to home

★ Novice

My sims have 2 cats one with the aloof trait where they will randomly leave and come back. But for some reason when one leaves Both leave and do not return, even trying to call them doesn't work. And if you manage to get them back onto the lot they poof and leave again. I did manage to fix it for a moment getting them on the lot and resetting them but 5 or 10 minutes later (irl) they will do it again and not return.

Message 58 of 437 (3,870 Views)

Pet Disappears Randomly and Says "null"

[ Edited ]
★★ Novice

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:Sony Playstation 4
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Often (50% - 99%)
What is your current game version number? 1.26
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? Pets, Get To Work, Dine Out, Parenthood, Toddlers Stuff, and Kitchen Stuff.
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Not sure.
What happens when the bug occurs? My pet disappears at random moments without having the "Free Spirit" or "Independent" trait. It also saids "null" at the bottom of their name.
What do you expect to see? My dog or cat shouldn't disappear at random moments.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? On console - never used.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Yes
Please describe the patch or change you made. This began right after the Eco Lifestyle update.

I dunno what to put here ;-;

Message 59 of 437 (4,465 Views)

[ Edited ]
★ Guide

I took a video of this bug happening: youtu.be/LzrMBKicA5M

The cat's traits are fluffy, intelligent, and playful.

Message 60 of 437 (4,460 Views)