Original Post

Accepted Solution

[FIXED] [CD] Dog/Cat disappearing

[ Edited ]
★★★★★ Apprentice

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Occasionally (10% - 49%)
What is your current game version number? 1.63.133.1020
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? All current expansions, all game packs, Tiny Living Stuff, My First Pet Stuff, Laundry Stuff, Toddler Stuff, Bowling Night Stuff, Vintage Glamour Stuff, Backyard Stuff, Kids Room Stuff, Romantic Garden Stuff, Spooky Stuff, Cool Kitchen Stuff, all free stuff.
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Have a dog in your household
What happens when the bug occurs? The dog will just disappear from the lot. its picture will still be in the panel, just greyed out. The whistle command does not make them return, neither does resetting the dog. In order to get it to return I either have to get my sim to call and invite to lot, or travel and invite the dog with me. It does not have the adventurous or independent trait
What do you expect to see? Dogs should remain on the active lot unless they have a trait that allows them to roam (adventurous or independent). The whistle command should work.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Never used.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Yes
Please describe the patch or change you made.  June 3rd Patch

Edit By Crinrict: Fixed Duplicate Template, Added Tag to Title

Message 1 of 437 (19,010 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: Missing Pets after Eco update

Hero

● We trained our Cats and Dogs extra hard so that they do not disappear from your Lots to others randomly. They are all good and best boys and girls, 15/10 will pet them all again.

Fixed in Patch 1.65.70/ 1.29

If you're still experiencing this issue, please create a new thread.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

View in thread

Message 437 of 437 (8,925 Views)

All Replies

Re: Dog dissapearing

Hero
@LadyLou94 And he didn't just run away ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.

Important Threads

Message 2 of 437 (18,888 Views)

★★★★★ Apprentice

No, it doesn't say he's running away or give me the report pet as missing option. I've tried with different dogs too and it's the same thing. 

Message 3 of 437 (18,884 Views)

Hero
@LadyLou94 Does he go off lot or does it happen when you travel ? Anything else you're doing to trigger this ? My dog is behaving so far.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 4 of 437 (18,861 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★★ Apprentice

@crinrict Just disappears off the lot. It doesn't go anywhere it literally just vanishes from where it is. Travelling is one of the ways to get it back. It happens more if on a walk (which I have I stopped doing) but mostly no specific action makes it happen.

Message 5 of 437 (18,845 Views)

Re: Dog disappearing

[ Edited ]
★★★★★ Novice

This is happening to me too since the patch today, it's never happened before that. I have no mods at all. All three of my Sims pets keep disappearing and calling them with the whistle won't bring them back. I have to travel and then travel home with them to get them to return. Then a few minutes later they will appear greyed out again. I've had to do this about five times within half an hour.

Message 6 of 437 (18,783 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★★ Apprentice

@brookeliah same for me, it seems to be picking up in frequency today. It's just irritating.

Message 7 of 437 (18,768 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★★ Novice

@LadyLou94 I know it feels like it's just getting worse the more I play. I agree, it's so irritating. I've been getting this household ready for the new release too. I might have to load another save where I don't have pets until theres a fix. Hang in there haha.

Message 8 of 437 (18,742 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★★ Apprentice

@brookeliah I might just let the dog stay greyed out until there's a fix, my Sim doesn't seem to notice it's missing anyway 😂

Message 9 of 437 (18,720 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Guide

@brookeliah @LadyLou94 

Question would your game be set to full autonomy? Before the new patch doors and gates all have locks. Click the door or gate it should show bubble texts, both lock for all pets and all dogs should stop the sweet pet from roaming.If you get the grey out on pup when it returns home there should be a welcome pups name  Would you be able to share a screen shot.

Thank you

Message 10 of 437 (18,676 Views)