Re: [NEEDS INPUT] [CD] Cats Jumping on Counters Being Used/Have appliances on it

by mariah6194

Original Post

Accepted Solution

[FIXED] [CD] Cats getting stuck on counters and other furniture

[ Edited ]
★★ Novice

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Often (50% - 99%)
What is your current game version number? C&D Patch
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? Come Together, Get to Work, Cats and Dogs, Vampires, My First Pet
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? The first bug seems random and is not always occurring, but happens maybe half the time. Sometimes, when one of the cats in my household jumps on the counter or fridge, they get stuck there and the only way to unstick them is to go into build mode and move the object. This happens most offen with the BlandCo counter. The second bug seems to be an always occuring one, and that is with the Friend of the Animals aspiration.
What happens when the bug occurs? Cats get stuck on counters. Sometimes able to jump between one space of counter and top of fridge, but not able to move to the floor or even other connected counter sections. The train out misbehaviors goal does not actually register when a behavior is trained out of a cat. I get the message "cat has learned not to jump on counters" type of message, but my counter does not move up. This makes tiers two and three of the Friend of the Animals aspiration impossible to get legitimately if one only has cats. I'm unsure if this bug also occurs with dogs. The aspiration is active.
What do you expect to see? Cats should be able to get off of the counters and the aspiration counter should go up.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Never used.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? No

Message 1 of 17 (11,043 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: [OPEN] [CD] Cats getting stuck on counters and other furniture

Hero

• Cats will no longer become stuck on top of surfaces after being lectured about jumping on surfaces.

Should be fixed in Patch 1.48.90

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

View in thread

Message 17 of 17 (6,750 Views)

All Replies

Re: Cats and Animal Aspiration Bugged

Hero
Hi @SleepIncarnate

can you achieve the aspiration with another bad behavior or does that also not move it up ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.

Important Threads

Message 2 of 17 (10,942 Views)

★★ Novice

None of the behaviors are causing it to go up.  Trained out scratching, eating human food, and waking people up.  Tried it with a one sim and three cats household, tried it again with adding a second sim into the same household.  Started both households over from scratch several times.

Message 3 of 17 (10,919 Views)

[ Edited ]
Hero

Hi @SleepIncarnate

could you make two posts for this then

One for the cats getting stuck on counters (again). Also are they just getting stuck on the counters or also on the cat trees ?
One for the aspiration issue.

You can use this one for either one of them and then start a second thread for the other.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 4 of 17 (10,912 Views)

★★ Novice

I haven't seen them get stuck on the cat trees, but I have seen them get stuck on the floor/ground.  I've been using the Bedlington Boathouse in Brindleton Bay.  On one of the remake versions, I had one of the cats with the prowler trait, and one time, he got stuck on the beach, in one spot, unable to move.  

Another time, on the current play through, I had another cat get stuck upstairs by the bed.  It's a double bed with a nightstand on each side, and the cat was stuck next to the nightstands, able to go back and forth under the bed but not onto it or away from it.

A third incident occurred in that same play session where a cat was on the bed and got stuck there, preventing my human sims from sleeping.  All three of these incidents were able to be fixed by using a pick up command for one of my sims.  However, with the counter/fridge instances, pick up is not an option, as the sim will get mad about their path being blocked. 

And alright, I'll create a second thread about the aspiration one.  I did get it to register one behavior tonight, so will see what else I can get working or not working tomorrow.

Message 5 of 17 (10,901 Views)

Hero
Could this issue be related to yours or is it different: https://answers.ea.com/t5/Bug-Reports/TO-TEST-CD-Cats-Jumping-Onto-Counters-Being-Used-That-Have/td-... ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 6 of 17 (10,882 Views)

★★ Novice

I don't think they're connected, unless it's somewhere in the code.  This isn't jumping on things that already have things there.  This is getting stuck on empty counter space, clear floors or ground, and so on.   The only thing in my current household that's been placed on the counters is the kitchen sink, and it's not the sink area they get stuck on.

Message 7 of 17 (10,856 Views)

Hero
OK. Thanks. Just asking cause I tested the other one and had them get stuck but only if there was another item on the counter.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 8 of 17 (10,839 Views)

Re: [NEEDS INPUT] [CD] Cats Jumping on Counters Being Used/Have appliances on it

★★ Apprentice
My cat jumped up on the counter (even though he has been trained not to) and got stuck up there, walking through everything and complaining of being hungry. I had to move the counter in build/buy mode to get him to come down as resetting did nothing.
Message 9 of 17 (10,815 Views)

★★★ Newbie

I am having the same problem.

Message 10 of 17 (10,698 Views)