Re: [OPEN] [CD] Cats and Dogs turn black

by SimQARobo

Original Post

[ Edited ]
★★★★★ Novice

Hey guys!

The animals are all CC free.

I am not sure why they black but I found a tutorial on youtube. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p_2eVIaCnPc

Maybe this helps you! Standard smile

TheKalinotr0n

Message 71 of 83 (1,480 Views)

★★ Guide

Wow, I have geforce but this... wow.

Anyway, try this.

1. Download "DirectX runtime" and install it (make sure you have every DLLs)

2. Go to http://www.geforce.com/drivers and download & install latest driver.

3. If your monitor is over 60hz, lower it to 60.

4. In sims4 game options,

Graphics quality: custom

Sims ~ Reflections: High

Visual Effect: Medium

[_] Umcompress Sim

[V] Post processing

[_] Laptop mode

Message 72 of 83 (1,449 Views)

★★ Guide

I know some other game(only one) have this black problem.

The problem is the game's shadow system. Tuning the shadow's depth to lower value fixed the issue.

Message 73 of 83 (1,446 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★ Apprentice

https://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/931051/some-gallery-pets-are-blacked thanks to ABearCat, it seems deleting those that get blacked from your "my library" and getting them again fixes the coat issue. Tested on a few different ones which had at least some blacked pets. Large smile

However within the same linked thread I found an issue with dogs somehow getting the cats's coats. xD

Message 74 of 83 (1,419 Views)

[ Edited ]
EA Sims Team

Hello.

If anyone is still encountering this issue, would you be willing to send over the files in \Documents\Electronic Arts\The Sims 4\Tray ?

If so, instructions are here:

https://answers.ea.com/t5/Bug-Reports/INFORMATION-How-to-Send-User-Files-to-The-Sims-4-Team/m-p/6065...

EDIT: Looks like we're able see to the issue now, so I no longer need to collect users' Tray files for this.

This account is no longer accepting Direct Messages. If you need to send a Direct Message, please send it to TheSimsDirect. Thank you.

Message 75 of 83 (1,355 Views)

★★★★★ Novice

Well come on Maxis/EA:

Fix this problem. It's sure no fun playing with dogs and cats like this.

I won't add some new photos, because as everyone can see there are already lots of them placed here showing ugly black dogs and cats

I'm rather sure this is another very annoying bug.

There is nothing for you to do but Fix this issue

I don't need or want to prove it, because  it is sure not a cc thing or caused by an incompatible pc or so.

it is just another Bug.

Bla bla bla.

And You need to figure this thing out

and Fix it.

Thank you,

I'm sure you will do anything you can do about this

so don't let us down

greetings Judith,

(and many others.)

e

Message 76 of 83 (1,317 Views)

EA Sims Team

@SimJudie

For clarification, I'm not requesting the files for proof, I'm requesting the files because we're not seeing the pets turn black on our end, and we're not sure yet how to solve the problem.  Having the corrupted Tray files may assist in our investigation.

This account is no longer accepting Direct Messages. If you need to send a Direct Message, please send it to TheSimsDirect. Thank you.

Message 77 of 83 (1,305 Views)

★★ Novice
That YouTube video posted a little while back that shows a way to fix the blacked out animals, worked for clarification Standard smile I mean it is tedious but it did work so, for the time being, I'll use that method until it's fixed
Message 78 of 83 (1,303 Views)

★★★★★ Novice

I can understand I think,

it's just that I'm getting sick sometimes of things not working/going wrong in Sims over and over since I played Sims2

but It sure is good for me to know you are working on this black-cat-and-dog-bug-(thing),

thank you so far.

I really love to play The Sims 4,

it is the best Sims version ever to me.

Greetings Judith.

Message 79 of 83 (1,266 Views)

EA Sims Team

Update:

Looks like we're able see to the issue now, so I no longer need to collect users' Tray files for this.

Message 80 of 83 (1,209 Views)