by StormyDayzGamez

Original Post

Re: [OPEN] [CD] Cats and Dogs turn black

★ Novice

It happend to me with:

Wolf by femmeonamission,

Cheetah, Skunk and Desert Fox by TheKalinotrOn,

CheshireCat by Mari_MdaSilva.

The difference is that today the CheshireCat doesn't appears all black but with the fur painting i added yesterday to another cat.

Message 51 of 83 (1,638 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★ Novice

I am wondering if there is an issue with the how the pet was made and or if they used CC in the making of their pet and if so the creators should say something so that players are aware of it before they download. If i am going to have to redue the coat im not that talented but i have noticed with the pets that are black in my game i cant even fix the coat it looks all black in the CAS and in the game so i do not no if that way would work for me either.

Message 52 of 83 (1,618 Views)

Hero

Problem is that the same pets work on some computers but not on others and I think even for the same people they work fine the second time.

All very mysterious 

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 53 of 83 (1,612 Views)

Pitch Black Characters From Gallery

★★ Novice
I dunno what happened but I downloaded this character from the gallery thinking it'd be super cool and fun to play with. However, when I downloaded it into create a sim, it turned up to be pitch black. I'm not sure what's wrong with my game but it's been happening since I downloaded the Cats and Dogs expansion pack on November 10th. Someone please help.
Message 54 of 83 (1,568 Views)

Re: Pitch Black Characters From Gallery

Hero

Hi @tinyraccoonpaws

merged your post with the bug report on the issue.

It's unclear what's causing it. There's a few suggestions in this thread you can try.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.

Important Threads

Message 55 of 83 (1,557 Views)

Re: Pitch Black Characters From Gallery

★★ Novice
Thank you @crinrict for the response and merging. Is it possible that I could get a separate list of options to try fixing it? I'm having a hard time reading through the thread and figuring out what to do :/
I should say that I use no mods because I just don't believe in using them honestly.
Message 56 of 83 (1,532 Views)

Re: Pets mering black, no fur/markings.

Hero

Tagging @StormyDayzGamez for that. They might be better in explaining than me as I never had this issue.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 57 of 83 (1,505 Views)

★★★★ Apprentice

Hi @tinyraccoonpaws Standard smile  I've only found two fixes that work.  The easiest but less likely is to simply place the pet(s) again.  The dropper method has worked for me almost every single time.  I've only had it not work on 4 pets out of the approx 100 I've placed. 

Merge the pet in CAS/CAP.  It'll be all black and void of color.  Go into Paint Mode and it should look as expected.  If it does not this fix won't work.  But it most likely will.  Grab the dropper tool, pick a spot on the pet and copy the color and then fill a dot of the same color wherever you just took it from.  That's it!  After you exit paint mode the pet should look like it did in the gallery.  

Now, if this is an issue with pets created by you I have no idea if this would work because I haven't had it happen to me that way and it seems like most in this thread haven't either.  Hope it helps!

2017-11-24 10_21_36-The Sims™ 4.png2017-11-24 10_22_02-The Sims™ 4.png2017-11-24 10_23_00-The Sims™ 4.png

Message 58 of 83 (1,487 Views)

★★ Novice
Thank you @StormyDayzGamez I'll try the dropper tool later tonight to see if it works for me :3 however, sometimes, if I enter the paint your pet area, it only has the base color of the character from the gallery. I'll find examples of it soon and post them here but it's weird :/
Message 59 of 83 (1,471 Views)

★★★★ Apprentice

@tinyraccoonpaws  I know exactly what you mean.  I have some pics somewhere in this thread of the 2 Cheshire cats and a patchwork raccoon that this happened to me with.  It also happened with the VoidPets but luckily when I placed them again they all looked normal.  Everything's hit or miss with this bug.  It'll happen once with a pet and then the next time not happen and there doesn't seem to be any factor that links all of us that have this issue.

Message 60 of 83 (1,467 Views)