Re: [OPEN] [CD] Cats and Dogs turn black

by mariamaadsen

Original Post

Re: [TO ADD] [CD] Cats and Dogs turn black

★★★★ Novice

I have it without downloading something from the gallery. Also when I made pets my own.

Message 41 of 83 (1,222 Views)

Hero

@AmbervanLaar wrote:

I have it without downloading something from the gallery. Also when I made pets my own.

What kind of graphics card do you have ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 42 of 83 (1,211 Views)

★★★★ Novice
An AMD Radeon (TM) R9 380 series Standard smile And it is up to date.. Can play the witcher 3 with it, so don't think that's the problem..
Message 43 of 83 (1,206 Views)

Hero

Just collecting info on which cards it has occurred so far. Don't see any pattern though :D

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 44 of 83 (1,198 Views)

★ Novice

It's happening to me as well and I have a good computer and graphic card.

Message 45 of 83 (1,162 Views)

★★★ Novice

I am having an issue with the sims 4 pets. when i see an animal in the community i like it and i put it in my game, but when i do this its all black and i don't have anything on it but the eyes. when i make a pet though its shows up in the game no problem. this is only to pets that i download to my game sims and house work fine in the game. its just the pets that i get off the community. i have taken out my mods and cc content and still no differences i noticed that some other are having the same issue. is there a way to fix this thank you. I do not play on a laptop and i have a decent computer. I have a Intel core i7-4770 CPU and a nvidia geforce gtx 970 i shouldn't have nay issues with my game.

Message 46 of 83 (1,129 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Guide

I've tried pretty hard to reproduce this issue on my system. I've downloaded mostly unedited pets, heavily edited pets and pets that look like a preschooler art piece. Yet I've not been able to get this issue. My system is aging very rapidly at this point. It's a 2500k overclocked to 4.5ghz, 8GB HyperX DDR3 and a GTX780 (Basically it's "out of date" to enthusiasts). My game is saved onto a HyperX SSD though, not sure if that might be a clue?

If someone could link me an exact gallery entry that has this issue, I could check. :D

Message 47 of 83 (1,102 Views)

★★★★ Apprentice

The strange thing about this issue is that it doesn't seem to be related to particular gallery households nor does it happen every time with the same households in my game.  For example, I recently changed to a new save and wanted to add DrGluon's VoidPets to it and they turned up black!  They were fine in the old save.  I tried doing the dropper trick but this didn't work because the same thing happened as I showed in the pics with the Cheshire cats in a previous post.  So, I decided to just try and see if I placed them again if they would be normal... and they were!  I also had the original dog that made me notice this issue in the first place turn out normal when I placed her in this new save.  There just doesn't seem to be any factor that links this happening and it seems to be totally random at least in my game.

Message 48 of 83 (1,087 Views)

If you're looking for a Gallery household that does this, I can confirm that Waterwoman1987's Grumpy Cat household, merged with a randomized Sim, did this for me. I gave the kitty a bit of tummy paint and that seemed to solve the problem. (So far.)

Sul sul from Luth!
No, I don't work for EA. Just here as a volunteer for non-DM support.
Have you backed up your Saves? Checked for broken and updated mods and CC?
Message 49 of 83 (1,082 Views)

★★★★ Guide

luthienrising wrote:

If you're looking for a Gallery household that does this, I can confirm that Waterwoman1987's Grumpy Cat household, merged with a randomized Sim, did this for me. I gave the kitty a bit of tummy paint and that seemed to solve the problem. (So far.)

Tried this household both merged and replacing the sim in CAS. Loaded fine for me. :/

Message 50 of 83 (1,080 Views)