Re: [OPEN] [CD] Cats and Dogs turn black

by 3M023WA

Original Post

Re: [TO ADD] [CD] Cats and Dogs turn black

[ Edited ]
★★ Apprentice

This is only happening for me when I download from the gallery.  Edit: And still happening after repairing game.

Message 21 of 83 (2,983 Views)

★★★ Novice

I'm having the same issue. Only from pets from the gallery and its almost 90% of them don't work for me. I don't use mods or cc. My video card is a GeForce GTX 1070 and drivers were updated recently. Uploaded pics of some working and some not

Message 22 of 83 (2,960 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★ Novice

I would also like to add that right after testing those i exited my game and went back to retest and pets that previously had color in testing are now black as well. Idk whats going on with the gallery Frown Some pets are even coming in a random texture that wasn't even in the preview picture. Like this cheetah dog had orange fur and spots and it appears as wolf like colors when downloaded. 

here is a link to the gallery of that pet from this pic

https://www.ea.com/games/the-sims/the-sims-4/pc/gallery/E556C6E1C7A111E7864CAEE225736413?category=al...

edited again to add it happened again with another texture from another pet i was trying to download from the gallery, this time a tiger print, same "cheetah" download that was a wolf print in the other picture

Message 23 of 83 (2,957 Views)
Highlighted

★★ Novice

I've been having the same problem with the gallery but I figured out that it works so long as I don't save the pet to my library and place the household directly. Hope that helps. Standard smile

Message 24 of 83 (2,949 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★ Novice

that is not working for me unfortunately. 

edited: it is working for some and not others to be correct

Message 25 of 83 (2,941 Views)

★★ Apprentice

After repairing my game and moving my TS4 folder to my desktop so a new one is generated, I was able to download the same pets from the gallery that had turned black on me before with no problems.  They are exactly as they look in the gallery.

A couple of things, I did have mods/CC in my game the first time and don't now.    I also did not have a brand new save like I do now.  I don't know which of these factors fixed the problem or if it's just some random glitch and it may happen again.

Message 26 of 83 (2,923 Views)

Re: Pets mering black, no fur/markings.

★★★★ Novice

Heyo, I have GeForce GTX 970 - its happening still. I noticed its ONLY for pets from galery with custom paint. When I delete the custom paint from pet, it appear normal again. Unfortunately, that way it also lose reason why i downloaded it at first place. Which was original creative painting. All drivers are up to date, im using no CC, no mods.

Message 27 of 83 (2,923 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★ Apprentice

Disregard the above post, the issue is not resolved.

After doing a game repair and dragging my TS4 folder to my desktop so that the game would generate a brand new folder, I downloaded the same pets that were instantly black yesterday.  They looked fine in my gallery so I thought the bug was fixed.

THEN

I exited the game and went back into the game.  The pets have all lost their custom coloring are now black.  They are not keeping the custom coloring. 

See the screens below of one of the pets before I exited the game and after I went back in.

(edited for clarity) 

Message 28 of 83 (2,918 Views)

★★★★ Novice

GUYS - i might have find tiny solution - use the pet from galery, merge it with your house - go into pain mode - it should show you its colours - use eyedropper (E) and add on the pet anywhere the same colour (you wont change its look) but to me it show after the pet as intended. Hope it will work for you too Standard smile

Message 29 of 83 (2,900 Views)

★★★★ Apprentice

I can verify that this technique works in almost all instances.  I only had three that it did not.  In all three when entering paint mode the coloring wasn't there at all.  But it did work for 10 more that I tested!

2017-11-13 11_09_28-The Sims™ 4.png2017-11-13 11_09_52-The Sims™ 4.png

2017-11-13 11_12_37-The Sims™ 4.png2017-11-13 11_13_05-The Sims™ 4.png

Message 30 of 83 (2,894 Views)