Re: Pets mering black, no fur/markings.

by crinrict

Original Post

Highlighted

Hero

And they turned black while you were playing not on downloading them from the gallery ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 11 of 83 (1,734 Views)

Re: [TO ADD] [CD] Cats and Dogs turn black

[ Edited ]
★ Guide

I ran into this issue too today. Most of my customised pets appear fine. I even downloaded some from the Gallery yesterday to check this issue for a friend. But this morning when I downloaded a household a friend had made for me, the cat appeared all black. I removed all my mods and the issue remained.

When I downloaded another pet from that same user, that was also customised using paint mode, it appeared in my game as it should. It appears completely random which pet is and which isn't affected. 

My graphics card is a GTX 960.

They're black immediately on download. I never even took them out of CAS. But in the preview picture from the other user on the Gallery the cat appeared in its normal colouring.

Message 12 of 83 (1,734 Views)

★★★★ Apprentice

Yes, same.  As soon as I merge them with the household from the gallery they appear black. It seems totally random.  I added like 15 more yesterday from various simmers and they were all fine.

Message 13 of 83 (1,727 Views)

Hero

So now I this is going on on twitter. https://twitter.com/RinconDelSimmer/status/929800281096904704

I don't know why it should work as I was able to duplicate it on Frimlins save but maybe worth a try ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.

Important Threads

Message 14 of 83 (1,722 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★ Apprentice

I first noticed this happening yesterday when I downloaded a pet from the gallery that had custom paint applied.  I assumed it was an issue with one of my mods/cc and since I rarely download from the gallery, I didn't bother testing.  However, now seeing this thread, I'm thinking it wasn't mods/cc and actually a glitch occurring in the game.   

My graphic card is NVIDIA GTX 980M and all drivers are up to date (providing this in case it's a graphics card issue).

(I'm going to send you in a PM a link to some of the pets I D/L for you to test, if you want and to make it easier to replicate the issue.  I didn't want to post the links publicly for obvious reasons)

Message 15 of 83 (1,710 Views)

★ Guide

I just tried a few of the dogs that @CarpeNoctemSims sent me and they all appear fine in my game. I did a repair game about an hour ago, as suggested. So maybe that really is the way to fix it. I couldn't locate the cat I had the issue with this morning (I think the creator took it down), so I didn't try that one again.

Message 16 of 83 (1,703 Views)

★★★★ Apprentice

I repaired the game when I first noticed the issue.  I also removed all mods... I didn't have any CC.  I'm playing mod-free until I get this resolved.  I've seen the original dog that I got off of the gallery now in other people's game screenshots looking fine and the new ones that I showed a pic earlier of were popular on the gallery so I don't think this is specific to gallery items.  Perhaps a technique they are using on the pets?  I'm not willing to re-install the game for this issue unless it gets to be a more serious problem.  Thus far it's only like 2% of the animals and all from the gallery.

Message 17 of 83 (1,701 Views)

Hero

Does anyone have this issue WITHOUT downloading any pets from the gallery ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 18 of 83 (1,694 Views)

Re: [OPEN] [CD] Cats and Dogs turn black

★★ Guide

Add me to this list. I was playing on a pc and cats I downloaded from the gallery lost their colors and markings. I downloaded a tiger for example. It looked normal in the library but when I wanted to take it into cap it was a dark dog very dark.

That pc has an AMD Radeon HD 65330 Graphics Chip.

I'm hearing this is happening with supported graphic cards too like many Nvidea ones and not just animals you download from the gallery but premade ones.

I however didn't have this issue when on a pc with the GT 120 Nvidea so I don't know.

It must be said I had the issue when I downloaded from the online gallery but didn't from the in game gallery. I think that's just a coincidence though.

Message 19 of 83 (1,683 Views)

★★ Apprentice

NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1060 3GB   I updated it but it's still happening, unfortunately.

Message 20 of 83 (1,675 Views)