Original Post

Accepted Solution

[FIXED] [CD] Cats and Dogs turn black

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Novice

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? Nederlands
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? All of them except toddlers stuff.
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? When you give a pet an new pattern of your own with the paint tool and exit the paint menu.
What happens when the bug occurs? When I make a pattern with the paint tool on a pet and I go to another sim or make an adjustment to the pet the pattern will go away and go back to default. Sometimes the pet goes all black. You also don't see the changes you make in the lower avatar of the pet.. In the pictures you can see I made the head of the cat green, when I exit the paint menu the cat goes black..
What do you expect to see? The patterns/paint I make my own.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Not now. I've removed them.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? No

When I make a pattern with the paint tool on a pet and I go to another sim or make an adjustment to the pet the pattern will go away and go back to default. Sometimes the pet goes all black. You also don't see the changes you make in the lower avatar of the pet.. In the pictures you can see I made the head of the cat green, when I exit the paint menu the cat goes black..

Help! Frown

Message 1 of 83 (8,957 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: [OPEN] [CD] Cats and Dogs turn black

Hero

• We fixed an issue that could cause pets placed from the Gallery to have missing textures once in game.

This issue was fixed in Patch 1.40.61

If you still get black animals, please open a new thread. 

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

View in thread

Message 83 of 83 (8,091 Views)

All Replies

Pets mering black, no fur/markings.

★★ Apprentice

Product: The Sims 4
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Occasionally (10% - 49%)
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? ALL
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? I'm not sure you can bc idk if it's my game or the pet I try to merge into the family from the gallery. I tried to merge a pet named Mischief - Warcraft, and Scooby-Doo.
What happens when the bug occurs? The pet shows up in CAS all black, no fur/markings.
What do you expect to see? The original color, markings of the created pet in the sims community gallery.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Not now. I've removed them.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Neutral/Not Sure 

Some of the pets are appearing all black and some are just fine.  Some pets merge into the family like normal, pic is also included.

Message 2 of 83 (8,890 Views)

Re: Pets mering black, no fur/markings.

★★ Apprentice

I should state that the first pic is of the pet 'rat' rather than Mischief - Warcraft.  Created by user SimsOnlineCom if you need to view.  Thanks for any help.  

Message 3 of 83 (8,889 Views)

Hero

@aprilramirez2006

merged your post. Looks like same issue

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.

Important Threads

Message 4 of 83 (8,884 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Apprentice

It looks like @aprilramirez2006 is having the exact same issue I told you about @crinrict on Twitter.  I'll add my info as well.  I copied a lot of it because it's pretty much the same.  

Product: The Sims 4
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur?  So far 2 out of the 47 pets in the game have had this happen.
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? ALL
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? I was not able to replicate the bug myself in create-a-pet.  The two pets that this occurred with were downloaded from the gallery.
What happens when the bug occurs? Like @aprilramirez2006The pet shows up in CAS all black, no fur/markings.  In my opinion, it appears to be more of a void of color than just a black coloration.
What do you expect to see? The original color, markings of the created pet in the sims community gallery. 
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Not now. I've removed them.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system?  No system changes.  I believe the most recent patch was prior to the release of Cats and Dogs.

Also of note: I do not show any "stray" pets in manage worlds.  I don't think this is related but I thought I'd mention it on the off chance it is.

2017-11-11 13_21_07-The Sims™ 4.png2017-11-11 17_51_28-The Sims™ 4.png2017-11-11 13_21_35-The Sims™ 4.png2017-11-11 17_51_05-The Sims™ 4.png

Message 5 of 83 (8,872 Views)

Re: [TO TEST] [CD] Selfmade paint/pattern for pets disappear

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Novice

I have the very same. All expansions *except fitness and bowling. 

Message 6 of 83 (8,842 Views)

★★★★ Apprentice

I still have not had this problem with a pet of mine, but yesterday I tried to get one in the Gallery that came that way too

Message 7 of 83 (8,813 Views)

Hero

Could all of you please add your graphics cards to your post, just to be sure

@LucianoMedice @AmbervanLaar @FeaMith @StormyDayzGamez @aprilramirez2006

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 8 of 83 (8,759 Views)

★★★★ Apprentice

Sure.  Mine is a GeForce GTX 950 and it looks like it has an update available from a few days ago so I'll go ahead and do that and report back if it changes.  Meanwhile, I tried to add 3 different pets from the gallery to a household with the same result but was able to create her a pet and it turned out fine.

2017-11-12 11_33_13-The Sims™ 4.png

Message 9 of 83 (8,754 Views)

★★★★ Novice

My graphic card is a AMD Radeon (TM) R9 380 series Standard smile

Message 10 of 83 (8,748 Views)