Original Post

Accepted Solution

[FIXED] [CD] Can't create mixed breed cats in CAS

[ Edited ]
★★ Novice

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? 1.52.100.1020
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? All
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Enter CAS and try to create a mix breed cat
What happens when the bug occurs? There's no such option for cats, just dogs
What do you expect to see? An option to create mixed breed cats in CAS
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Never used.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Neutral/Not Sure 

In create a sim, when I go to create a pet the option to create mixed breeds is only allowing me to make dogs. There's no cat icon. I tried updating/repairing my game and nothing works. I've attached a file to show that I only have the dog option. I can create cats in the normal way.  

Message 1 of 9 (2,220 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: [NEEDS INPUT/A] [CD] Can't create mixed breed cats in CAS

Hero

Mix breed cat function in Create a Sim now works again. Yay!

Fixed in Patch 1.58.63

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

View in thread

Message 9 of 9 (1,717 Views)

All Replies

Hero
@TheAmberCakes I can duplicate this.

Moved this to the bug forum and filled out the form as I can see it too.

Feel free to change stuff if it's not accurate for you.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.

Important Threads

Message 2 of 9 (2,159 Views)

Hero
Added

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 3 of 9 (2,112 Views)

★ Apprentice

I am having the same problem, but on my Xbox. Just downloaded Cats & Dogs specifically to breed my cat, but when so go to “Create a Mixed Breed” there is not icon for Cats, only Dogs.

Message 4 of 9 (2,035 Views)

Sims 4 pets cannot choose cats in genetics

★★★★★ Newbie

No matter what I do, I don't have the option to select cats for genetics.

Is there something I need to do to unlock it?

Message 5 of 9 (1,854 Views)

Re: Sims 4 pets cannot choose cats in genetics

Hero
@Mahstir It's a bug. I merged your post with the existing report on the issue.

Please click me too on the first post.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 6 of 9 (1,822 Views)

Champion

@Mahstir@TheAmberCakes@xGranade , & @crinrict 
This is still a bug/oversight, however, there is a way to get around this!  Do the following:

1) create a cat (any cat) and then click on that cat to bring up options for that cat

2) There will be a curved line of buttons to the right of the cat.  Click on the top button that says "Breeds" (it looks like a paw)

3) This will make a box pop up on the right that has a bunch of breeds.  At the bottom of this box will be a button that says "Breed Mixer" and looks similar to the one that is only available for dogs)

4) Click on one square and then pick one of the breeds you want to use for the genetic makeup of your cat

5) Then click on the 2nd square and pick another breed to use for the genetic makeup of you cat.  

6) You will now have a cat that uses genetic information from the 2 breeds you have chosen.  You can click on the "Randomize" button if you want a different combination of those same 2 breeds you chose.  When you get the combination you want, you can now dress your cat, name it , pick its traits, etc. 

This does the same thing that the dogs only option does when you first create a Sim pet.  It is confusing Disappointed , but at least you can do the same procedure to create your own mixed breed! 
Happy Simming! CatParty hat

CCP Champion Banner - Red.png

Message 7 of 9 (1,817 Views)

★★ Novice

Thank you so much! I would have never found this, I really appreciate you letting us know a work around.

Message 8 of 9 (1,777 Views)

Hero

Mix breed cat function in Create a Sim now works again. Yay!

Fixed in Patch 1.58.63

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 9 of 9 (1,718 Views)