[FIXED] [CD] Can't craft medicine

by Vuneca

Original Post

Re: The Sims 4 Cats & Dogs

★★★★★ Apprentice

I confirm the 'trait_Marketable' connection to this LE error.  If I remove the trait, I can craft treats etc without any errors.  If I add back trait_Marketable the LE error occurs every time I try and craft something on the Vet Crafting Station.  My LE error is the same as the ones already submitted.

Message 31 of 57 (3,164 Views)

★★★★ Pro

The fact that it ties to the Marketable Trait makes a lot of sense since I get that trait for most of my sims. Standard smile I just tested on a sim who doesn't have the marketable trait and they were able to craft a few items in a row and put it in their inventory.  None of my other sims can do this, and from what I can recall, the rest all have the marketable trait and I get last exception reports every time the other's craft.  My game is fully updated, I have all the packs, I play with no mods or cc at the moment (and took out my only mod, MCC, before the Nov 7 patch) and play on a Windows 10 gaming laptop.

Thanks and regards,

Jennifer 

Message 32 of 57 (3,100 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★ Guide

I am not sure if I have to create a new threat or update this one, but as it seems mostly the same I decided to put it here:

I also get last exceptions when my sims create treats, either in their home or in their vet clinic. They also have the "trait_Marketable" from the reward store. The difference is they do actually finish the product, but it stays put on the table and doesn't hop into their inventory. This goes for 8 out of the 9 possible treats, as well as the three serums made for the exam table and surgery station! When I have them making the ambrosia treat I get NO last exception and it does hop into their inventory. I hope this extra info helps narrowing down the bug!

Message 33 of 57 (3,078 Views)

★★★ Newbie
how can this trait be removed?
Message 34 of 57 (3,019 Views)

Re: [OPEN] [CD] Can't craft medicine

★★★ Newbie
I don’t have the marketable trait tho, and still when I have my vet workers craft the finished product just disappears!
Message 35 of 57 (2,942 Views)

★★★ Guide
@justdanielle84 Click on the Sim with the trait, press CTRL+ALT+C type ( testingcheats on ) in the box that opens on the upper right of your game, press enter, then type ( traits.remove_trait Marketable ) and press enter.
Use the strings between the ( ) don't include them. The press escape to close the box.
Message 36 of 57 (2,843 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★★ Apprentice

For those who want it, LittleMsSam has created a Mod to prevent the LE Errors when you craft stuff on the Vet Crafting Station.  The link is here <link removed. Please do not link mods here, just name them. Linking is against the TOS> .  There are a whole load of other bug fixes in the mod but you can select just the ones you want.

Message 37 of 57 (2,728 Views)

★★★ Newbie

If anyone is still having problems with this, I noticed that if I send my pet into a different room, I can craft pet treats and stuff properly.  But sometimes if I try to craft it while a pet is in the same room, the craft will fail and nothing will happen.

Message 38 of 57 (2,388 Views)

[ Edited ]
★ Guide

I'm having this issue as well. I removed my mods and Custom Content out and the issue still occurs. 
My sim own a vet in Newcrest.

Sims 4 save - https://drive.google.com/open?id=1jp-6MH934SKg4q-5_0LI0nE1JjWkg2dJ

Message 39 of 57 (2,230 Views)

[ Edited ]
EA Staff

Hi @Mysterious1564

Thank you very much for your saves. Can you let us know which specific save file is the one you are having issues with?

You only need to highlight the save icon. 

saves.jpeg

It will show something like "slot_00000001.save", for example.

Thank you very much! :D

Message 40 of 57 (2,205 Views)