Original Post

Accepted Solution

[FIXED] CAS no longer shows what Sim is wearing in its columns

[ Edited ]
★ Guide

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? 1.69.59.1020
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? All
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? By going in to CAS, putting an item on your sim, then going to a different outfit/different category, then going back to the former category/outfit.
What happens when the bug occurs? After the most recent update, CAS no longer centers to what my sim is wearing in that category when switching back to it.
What do you expect to see? The scroll bar in CAS to be centered on the clothing item/accessory/hair etc equipped in that category, or for the item to be centered by clicking on the part of the sim that has that asset equipped (i.e. clicking on hair to find that hair in the CAS columns).
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Not now. I've removed them.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Yes
Please describe the patch or change you made. Updated my game to the most recent patch.

Prior to the skin tone update or the subsequent genetics hotfix, CAS would show me the item worn in a specific category when switching to that category. For example, if my sim was wearing red pants, and I clicked on tops then back to pants, the scroll bar would be in the same place as the red pants, and I'd easily be able to see the pants my sim has on so I could use them in a different category if I wanted to, or find where they were in CAS for any other reason. This was especially useful for me as I have a lot of CC and struggle to find things. Since the update, switching between categories doesn't do this, and when I click on my sims body part that has the item equipped (for example legs) it doesn't show what she's wearing (for example red pants) any more either. I would really love if this could be fixed.

Edit By Crinrict: Added Tag to Title

Message 1 of 28 (14,055 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: [LAUNDRY LIST] CAS no longer shows what Sim is wearing in its columns

Hero

• We fixed an issue where selected Create a Sim outfit parts on Sims were not showing up appropriately highlighted on the right side menu.

Fixed in Patch 1.75.125/ 1.42

If you're still experiencing this issue, please create a new thread.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

View in thread

Message 28 of 28 (6,375 Views)

All Replies

Re: CAS no longer shows what my sim is wearing in its columns

★ Guide

Same. The equiped item is highlited as it should but otside the visible area, it's usually scrolled down several rows. Very inconvenient.

Message 2 of 28 (13,937 Views)

Hero
@grrrlonfire I can duplicate this as well.
Thanks for the report.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.

Important Threads

Message 3 of 28 (13,926 Views)

Wrong Position of Selected CAS Assets in Catalogue

★★ Guide

What is your current game version number? 1.69.59.1020
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? All DLC packs EXCEPT Nifty Knitting, Journey to Batuu, Eco Lifestyle, and Snowy Escape.
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Enter CAS with any Sim, new or existing, and select an item of their outfit. Alternatively, choose a new item of clothing and then Undo.
What happens when the bug occurs? Instead of the selected item of clothing being highlighted and centred in the asset panel, it is hidden several lines above the viewable area and the player must scroll up to find it.
What do you expect to see? When selecting an item of clothing a Sim is wearing, the catalogue should open to the relevant section with the selected asset being visibly shown at the top of the asset panel.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Not now. I've removed them.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Yes
Please describe the patch or change you made. Since the most recent December 14th patch. May have happened with the December 7th patch but I didn't access CAS between these two patches.

I wasn't really sure how to title this bug. I hope it makes sense.

Normally, when choosing clothing for a Sim, if you click on anything they are already wearing the catalogue will open up to the relevant section (tops, bottoms, full outfits, shoes, etc) with the clicked on clothing item highlighted in green and at the top of the asset section (unless there isn't a scroll bar in the particular section)

That's isn't happening now.

If you select an item of clothing a Sim is already wearing, the relevent section of the catalogue opens still but the selected asset, although highlighted in green, is not brought to the top of the asset section and instead appears several lines above the viewable area meaning you have to scroll up to actually find it.

The first screenshot is a random new Sim after I clicked on his top. The correct setion opened but the top asset isn't visible.

The second screenshot shows the asset panel after I scrolled up, in this case, six rows to find the asset.

Message 4 of 28 (13,892 Views)

★★★★ Novice

I have also been dealing with this problem, its not a major problem, and it is livable but it's highly inconvenient and annoying as I am mostly a CAS style type player.

Message 5 of 28 (13,853 Views)

CAS catalog broken

[ Edited ]
★ Apprentice

What is your current game version number? up to date
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? All packs
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Go into CAS
What happens when the bug occurs? When you click on an item in CAS on your sim, it doesn't automatically go to that item in the CAS catalog anymore. You have to scroll to find the item and the same with skin tones (well the skin tones you create with the slider, you have to save it in order to come back to it)
What do you expect to see? The CAS catalog should automatically go to the selected item on the sim instead of scrolling to find it in the catalog.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Yes
Please describe the patch or change you made. December 7th 2020

Edit By Crinrict: Fixed Duplicate Template

Message 6 of 28 (13,843 Views)

Re: [OPEN] CAS no longer shows what Sim is wearing in its columns

★★★★ Guide

Seems like they fixed several other UI bugs in CAS but not this one.

Message 7 of 28 (12,808 Views)

CAS Clothing Catalog glitch

★★★★★ Novice

What is your current game version number? 1.72.28.1030
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? All
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Go into CAS and select a clothing item to put on your sims. Go into a different category, then go back to the first one). E.g put a new top on your sim, then go to the bottoms category, then back to tops. You will see that whatever the sim is wearing is no longer immediately visible, you will have to scroll to see it.
What happens when the bug occurs? The clothing piece the sim is wearing is not immediately visible when clicking the clothing category.
What do you expect to see? The current clothing piece that the sim is wearing should be centered in the catalog when you click the category. Instead you are forced to scroll for ages before you can actually find the item. In previous game versions it was not like this.
Please describe the patch or change you made. I can't tell you which patch it was but it was within the last 6 months.

I made a tumblr post about the glitch and it seems at least 300 other people have had the same probl... 

Message 8 of 28 (11,974 Views)

Re: CAS Clothing Catalog glitch

Hero
@montello3 Merged your post with existing thread (assuming that's what you mean)

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 9 of 28 (11,952 Views)

Re: [OPEN] CAS no longer shows what Sim is wearing in its columns

★★★★ Novice
@grrrlonfire Same thing happening to me. HIGHLY annoying!
Message 10 of 28 (11,811 Views)