by thePunkButch

Original Post

Accepted Solution

[FIXED] [CAS] New skin colours have discolouration

[ Edited ]

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? n/a
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? All of them
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Use object on Sim
What happens when the bug occurs? Glitch
What do you expect to see? No glitch
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Never used.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Yes
Please describe the patch or change you made. The one with new skin colours

https://answers.ea.com/t5/Bug-Reports/COLLECTION-THREAD-CAS-Issues/m-p/6622242#M57753

New skin tones have slight discolouration between eyebrows and around nose and mouth. 

1.png

1.png

1.png

1.png

1.png

Edit By Crinrict: Adjusted Tag

----------------

Answers HQ Guardian

do not work for EA

Message 1 of 8 (3,767 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: [OPEN] [CAS] New skin colours have discolouration

Hero

We saw your feedback about the October skin tones update and, to improve clarity and transparency, we shared a first look on Twitter of the fix in progress.

With this patch, the Console game gets the October fixes for texture compression, resolving the banding on the cheeks and foreheads as well as discoloration on the tip of the nose.

In addition, this patch addresses the two community-identified issues of red dots around the lips and a dark blotch between the eyes. The red dots around the lips should be completely resolved at this time. The dark blotch between the eyes was softened to remove the hard edge, but the darkening is expected as part of the shadowing around the nose.

Fixed in Patch 1.68.154/ 1.33

If you're still experiencing this issue, please create a new thread.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

View in thread

Message 8 of 8 (2,604 Views)

All Replies

Hero
Added

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.

Important Threads

Message 2 of 8 (3,699 Views)

★★★★★ Apprentice

I have the issue too, the new skin makes them look sick... (My computer settings are set at ultra, it's not the graphic card) 

Message 3 of 8 (3,691 Views)
Highlighted

Weird Orange Texture on Darker Skin Tones

[ Edited ]
★ Novice

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? 1.54.120.1020
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? All of them
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? In CAS
What happens when the bug occurs? It's always a weird orange spot on the darker skin tones that came with a free update
What do you expect to see? I create a sim and give them one of the newer dark skin tones, but there's an orange spot in the middle of their face
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Not now. I've removed them.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? No

So there was a free update that came out with new dark skin tones, and ever since there's still been a weird spot in the middle of the faces of the sims with these skin tones, is EA/Maxis going to fix this?

Message 4 of 8 (3,461 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Pro

I have this problem too, but even worse (imo), and it's all over the face, not just certain areas. My graphic settings are set to the highest.

2019-02-28_22-21-01.png

Message 5 of 8 (3,364 Views)

★★★ Newbie

This is still an issue over 2 years after the skin update! All added darker skins in my game still have this discoloration. 

Message 6 of 8 (3,068 Views)

★★ Novice

I still have this issue. It sucks because most of the darker skins look strange with the glitch and I can't use most of these skin tones now. They really need to fix this. 

Message 7 of 8 (2,995 Views)

Hero

We saw your feedback about the October skin tones update and, to improve clarity and transparency, we shared a first look on Twitter of the fix in progress.

With this patch, the Console game gets the October fixes for texture compression, resolving the banding on the cheeks and foreheads as well as discoloration on the tip of the nose.

In addition, this patch addresses the two community-identified issues of red dots around the lips and a dark blotch between the eyes. The red dots around the lips should be completely resolved at this time. The dark blotch between the eyes was softened to remove the hard edge, but the darkening is expected as part of the shadowing around the nose.

Fixed in Patch 1.68.154/ 1.33

If you're still experiencing this issue, please create a new thread.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 8 of 8 (2,605 Views)