Re: [TO TEST] Build Mode Causes a LOT of Last Exceptions

by Evie0602

Original Post

[ Edited ]
★ Guide

I've noticed that when I'm in build mode, one of my sims will keep resetting even though I'm not placing objects near him. So I think sims are resetting too much for no reason in build mode which then causes the issue with last exceptions. 

The first time I got this issue both of my sims were in the house, and I was placing stuff in the back yard. I wasn't anywhere near my sims to cause them to reset. 

Message 31 of 68 (2,599 Views)

★ Apprentice
Interesting Evie! I built an entire house & didn't have a problem.. Except with the saves I sent here. Until this patch!
Message 32 of 68 (2,572 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★ Guide

Yes, it happened to me yesterday! So slow it is no fun anymore. Frown I kept changing to the World Manage, I am afraid that this will break my game. I have to save the game before I switch to world administration, otherwise I will lose the progress.

Message 33 of 68 (2,521 Views)

★★★ Novice

When this is happening to me, my Sims aren't even in their apartment, so I'm not sure as to how anything could be resetting them.

Message 34 of 68 (2,478 Views)

Hero (Retired)

Added this one to our Build/Buy index.

Message 35 of 68 (2,438 Views)

★★ Novice

I'm agreeing with Evie here. I've had the same thing happen, I was building in a room where there were no Sims and started getting LEs. If I'm not touching the room the sims are in, they don't have a reason to be reset, so why are they? If they're resetting every time I build something, then they need to chill out. 

Message 36 of 68 (2,395 Views)

Re: [OPEN] Build Mode Causes a LOT of Last Exceptions

[ Edited ]

I was just in build mode and suddenly started to get a last exception message every second. This continued even after exiting build mode and after exiting to main menu and coming back into the game. There were so many notifications that they filled up my notification board several times over.

I know that it has been said this bug is caused by resetting a sim 50 times in Build Mode... But I did not do this. I moved the toddler's bed once (which the toddler had been sleeping in). So, I would have rest a sim only once in build mode.

Edit: Also, the last exception messages will not stop generating. Even saving and exiting then re loading the game did not help. They are still appearing. I had to go back to an earlier save.

Message 37 of 68 (2,370 Views)

[ Edited ]
★ Apprentice

I am experiencing the exact same problem since yesterday. It seems to be caused randomly in build mode when putting down items. I did notice my sims resetting a lot lately when going in and out of build mode (without me doing any of those things that were described to reset sims in build mode), so probably this is what causes the problem? A bug that resets sims in build mode even though the player does none of those things as described to reset them?

Also: my sims keep wearing their winter / outdoor outfits after resetting (also after loading the save). It is annoying as I have to let them change to everyday clothing again and again. It's winter in my game, but the sims are in their house with the thermomstat switched to warm. So this shouldn't happen as long as they're inside.

I updated all my mods and took out the ones who weren't updated. I don't think any CC is causing this error tbh.

Edit: Yes, it's the same for me as described in an earlier post  - the notifications don't stop in live mode until you go to world overview. There usually are so many LE pop ups that I can't even close them all manually (would be clicking and clicking for minutes if I tried to) and I have to restart my game. It does help to restart, the messages don't keep coming, but the error still comes back after a while in build mode. It's seriously annoying. Didn't have the error before the latest patch btw - didn't have it with only the seasons patch from 31st of July. It just started yesterday. It is so annoying that you can't switch off the LE notifications on MCCC in such cases.

Message 38 of 68 (2,304 Views)

★★ Novice

Just wanted to reply with my own me too. I am in build/buy mode for quite awhile actually and it popped up after I had been placing items in a certain area for awhile. I actually moved to another spot to put some items and then went back to the original place, that's when the error popped up. Thought I should leave my lastexception.txt for you in case it helps. It's a looooong file though. 

Message 39 of 68 (2,216 Views)

Betreff: [OPEN] Build Mode Causes a LOT of Last Exceptions

★ Apprentice
This just happend to me too. I downloaded the Desaster challenge house and was deleting loads of stuff when I suddenly kept getting all these LE's...
Message 40 of 68 (2,150 Views)