Original Post

Re: "Chat with SimFirstName" showing instead the Sim's Actual Name

Hero

I've added.

Thanks for the detailed description

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 11 of 19 (591 Views)

Re: Llama image sometimes substituted for correct icon image.

★★★★★ Apprentice

Hi Green,

The same thing is occuring with me and a few others.   It appears to be associated with socializing while painting (see this thread for more info).   I see that you are painting in the image you uploaded.   Have you seen the Llama appear at other times as well?

Message 12 of 19 (620 Views)

★★★★★ Apprentice

Yeah, I don't think the map Llama bug is related in this case.  In both cases, it's not able to find a valid thumbnail, so it's using the fallback image, but the reason for it is different.   With some investigation, it looks like the game is trying to pull "Sim Info" from the canvas rather than from the sim.   Check your "lastexception.txt" file (located in your game data folder inside of My Documents), and you will likely find a line like...

<report>...<desyncdata>  File "T:\InGame\Gameplay\Scripts\Server\interactions\base\interaction.py", line 2280, in test&#13;&#10;  File "T:\InGame\Gameplay\Scripts\Server\sims\sim_info.py", line 2182, in incest_prevention_test&#13;&#10;AttributeError: 'object_Canvas_med' object has no attribute 'sim_info'&#13;&#10;</desyncdata></report>

Message 13 of 19 (608 Views)

★★★ Guide

OK, found some canvas errors in today's exception log.

<report>. . .<desyncdata>  File "T:\InGame\Gameplay\Scripts\Server\interactions\base\interaction.py", line 2280, in test&#13;&#10;  File "T:\InGame\Gameplay\Scripts\Server\sims\sim_info.py", line 2182, in incest_prevention_test&#13;&#10;AttributeError: 'object_Canvas_large' object has no attribute 'sim_info'&#13;&#10;</desyncdata></report>

So, yes, it probably is the same error for me.

Message 14 of 19 (596 Views)

Hero

@greenxen Merged your threads.

The llama picture is a substitute if the game can't load the correct image so it's bound to show up on different occasions (there was one with the demo too where just the llama would show on a black screen).

If you find any other occasions in your game, feel free to make a new thread.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.

Important Threads

Message 15 of 19 (586 Views)

Re: Bug with trying to socialize while painting

Hero

@fakeplasticadam Is this still an issue ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 16 of 19 (546 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★★ Apprentice

Yeah this still happens in the most recent patch, I was just now able to reproduce the bug with little effort.  The same lastexception file was generated. 

Message 17 of 19 (549 Views)

★★★★★ Apprentice

I can not reproduce this issue anymore with the 3/26 patch, socializing while painting seems to be working correctly in my game now.

Message 18 of 19 (996 Views)

Hero

That is very good news.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 19 of 19 (525 Views)