[FIXED] Broken shower sound stays after fixing or deleting it

by Esmeria

Original Post

Re: [NEEDS INPUT] Broken shower sound stays after fixing or deleting it

★★★★★ Novice

Same issue here, with the new IL shower. Exiting game, and then repairing it seems to fix it, but it’s insanely annoying! I play a vanilla game, no cc or mods. 

Message 21 of 42 (1,074 Views)

[ Edited ]
★ Guide

Having this issue too. Every time the shower breaks and is repaired - the running water noise remains -  even replacing it does not help. Has happened in several households. Have to exit the game and come back and then the noise is gone. It is the IL shower - not sure if any other showers are doing this as that is the only one I have in my Sulani houses.

Message 22 of 42 (1,043 Views)

★★★ Guide

I've had the issue too with the same IL shower with my home in Willow Creek.  I only had to exit and ropen the game to fix it. Didn't need to repair or delete the cache.

Message 23 of 42 (1,030 Views)

Re: Broken shower sound stays after fixing or deleting it

★★★ Apprentice
@crinrict I am having the same problem and My Sims are using the same shower.
Message 24 of 42 (1,026 Views)

Shower continues to make broken sound after being fixed

★ Guide

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:Mac
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Often (50% - 99%)
What is your current game version number? 1.52.100.1220
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? Island living, get famous, get together, get to work, cats and dogs, seasons, city living, strangerville, jungle adventures, parenthood, dine out, spa day, outdoor retreat, laundry day, fitness stuff, bowling stuff, vintage glamour stuff, backyard stuff, romantic garden stuff, movie hangout stuff, spook stuff, perfect patio stuff
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Break the shower that comes with island living
What happens when the bug occurs? When the shower that shipped with island living breaks and the sim fixes it, the sound that it made when it was broken (wooshing sound) continues despite being fixed. It usually requires that I either go to manage worlds or exit and restart the game altogether
What do you expect to see? The sound should go away once the shower is fixed
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Not now. I've removed them.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Neutral/Not Sure 

I had mods installed a very long time ago but have since removed and no long play with them.

Message 25 of 42 (1,011 Views)

Re: Shower continues to make broken sound after being fixed

★★ Apprentice

It isn't just the Island Living Shower. I had a default shower in a house in Oasis Springs do the same thing. Never even broke is the crazy thing. I realized the sound kept going so I sold it and bought a new shower but of course it didn't fix it.

Message 26 of 42 (895 Views)

Hero
@Lady_Paks Please post name and picture. If it wasn't broken, it could be a different issue though.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 27 of 42 (889 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★ Apprentice

@crinrictI already sold the old shower and got a different one. Not really sure which one it was. Update: My shower broke now and is making the running noise. Perhaps my old one broke as well and I didn't notice. Either way it happens with different showers.

Message 28 of 42 (887 Views)

Re: [OPEN] Broken shower sound stays after fixing or deleting it

★★★★★ Guide

Same here with the IL shower. When the shower breaks, the sound stays even if you fixed the shower. Only thing that removes the sound is restarting the game.

Message 29 of 42 (860 Views)

Re: [OPEN] Broken shower sound stays after fixing or deleting it

★★★ Newbie

I had the same issue, with the same shower. I ended up moving the entire house to a different spot on the lot. The sound ended up staying, but somewhere in the backyard instead of the house. And after a few hours of gameplay, saving and loading it eventually went away. 

Message 30 of 42 (824 Views)