Original Post

Accepted Solution

[FIXED] Broken shower sound stays after fixing or deleting it

[ Edited ]
★★★ Apprentice

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? Deutsch
How often does the bug occur? Occasionally (10% - 49%)
What is your current game version number? 1.52.100.1020
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? all of them
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? no idea
What happens when the bug occurs? My shower was broken and my sim repaired it. But even after the shower looked fixed, the broken shower sound stayed. Even when replacing the object or deleting it completly. Even exiting the game and reloading changed nothing. The sim can use the shower again, but the sound keeps sticking around, very annoying. I had this problem with the shower that came in Island living, but not sure if it is dependent on the model.
What do you expect to see? I expect the sound to stop once the shower is repaired
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Never used.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Yes
Please describe the patch or change you made. Island living

I could not recreate the issue, but it is still super annoying in my current game. I will have to move out and hope the sound does not follow...

Message 3 of 42 (4,804 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: [FIXED] Broken shower sound stays after fixing or deleting it

Hero

Solved the problem where showers were playing a sound even after deleted.
 - Spooookkyy.

Fixed in Patch 1.55.105

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

View in thread

Message 39 of 42 (3,112 Views)

All Replies

Re: Water Running Sound Loop

★ Novice

I'm having the same issue now; what mod was causing the problem?

Message 1 of 42 (4,732 Views)

Hero

@fyre4000 wrote:

I'm having the same issue now; what mod was causing the problem?

Did you have it after a shower broke ? Which shower are you using ?

Had this in my game yesterday on vanilla so it might not be a mod.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.

Important Threads

Message 2 of 42 (4,699 Views)

Re: Broken shower sound stays after fixing or deleting it

Hero
@Esmeria Which shower are you using ? I had that in my game too yesterday.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 4 of 42 (4,739 Views)
Highlighted

★★★ Apprentice

I am using the new shower that came with Island living, the wooden one without walls.

Message 5 of 42 (4,717 Views)

Hero
@Esmeria Yup, that was the one I saw it on too.

Thanks

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 6 of 42 (4,709 Views)

★★★ Guide

I'm also having this issue, or at least similar, just now. Actually twice, on two different lots, but with the same type of shower. Its the Island Paradise "In or out? - Outdoor Shower". The showers broke, and the sound of the water running stays (from being broken).

Message 7 of 42 (4,680 Views)

Hero
@Kathykins Moved this over to the current bug report.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 8 of 42 (4,652 Views)

★★★ Guide

Thanks, Crin Standard smile I exited the game, deleted localthumbcache and went back in, the sound was gone. I've placed down cheap'ish showers now, to check if they also have lingering sound.

Message 9 of 42 (4,642 Views)

Shower broke now sound won’t stop

★★ Novice

In the sims 4, my shower broke. It was leaking and everything with the sound. However when I repaired it the sound wouldn’t stop. I have tried buying a new shower and replacing it but the sound is still there. When my sims have showers the sound just doubles. I have quit to the main screen and have come back and the sound is still there. This has happened to me several times before in the sims as well. 

There was a similar post to this but their issue was Custom content which I have none of. I just have the game and add ons. 

Message 10 of 42 (4,635 Views)