[FIXED] Broken family tree...

by procian

Original Post

Re: Broken family tree...

★★ Guide
@kyberling
There doesn't seem to be a fix to stop the glitch. I only use a mod to put my family tree back together but going into CAS will break it up again. So, I don't use it at all, unless it's with other saves I have with smaller famliy trees. I can't even give my sims clothing from the new ep bcus of the glitch :-(
Message 11 of 49 (2,406 Views)

★★★★★ Apprentice

Do we know is anyone from EA is dealing with this? For my game is family tree essencial and I dont want to update my game until then. It is ridiculous to not update my game several months because of mistakes in game! I even cannot buy another packs.

Message 12 of 49 (2,255 Views)

★★★★★ Novice

Just wanna add that this issue is still occurring. I even deleted my save file of 6 generations and created a new one cause I thought it was only in one save file but nope, it happens in my other one too.

Message 13 of 49 (2,176 Views)

★★★★★ Guide

Yes, I am seeing this too after some update.

The good news are - it doesn't affect family relations.

Message 14 of 49 (2,168 Views)

★★★★★ Guide

Isn't it the same bug? https://answers.ea.com/t5/Bug-Reports/Family-Tree-and-quot-Step-quot-relationships-broken/m-p/975392...

The bug on the link seems to be just a part of this one.

Message 15 of 49 (2,148 Views)

★ Apprentice

I am also having this issue. The family tree in question is from a game I've been working on for a year and a half and it has 6 generations so it is annoying.

Message 16 of 49 (2,083 Views)

★ Apprentice

Yep I’m in gen 5 and this has happened multiple times since gen 3 or 4 it’s been going on for months now I always have to use mc command center to fix it and it’s so annoying bc I have to go to the ghost make sure the game dosent cull them delete relationships with that one child then oh look it broke for the other parents so you have to teleport that ghost and it makes it really annoying and tedious to fix with this many generations I have close to 100 sims on my tree I believe and just bc I  don’t trust my memory or the game to not break I had to put my family tree on the plumtree  app to keep track in case it breaks again not fun adding that many sims to the tree all I know is that the game developers need to get there stuff together and fix this please 

Message 17 of 49 (2,051 Views)

★★ Guide
@amkennon21 From what I was told, the issue is known but as far as a fix goes, hopefully there will be one at some point.
Message 18 of 49 (1,999 Views)

★★★★★ Novice

I have this problems to. It erases grandparents, siblings, children and one of the parents. Then the lines dont even connect to the people. 

Message 19 of 49 (1,931 Views)

★★★★ Guide

Product: The Sims 4
Platform: PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? 1.71.86.1020
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? All the existing packs except for Journey to Batuu.
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Have a big family in The Sims 4 and open their family tree.
What happens when the bug occurs? The family tree branches are broken and some of them don't line up with the sims' children.
What do you expect to see? A family tree with intact branches.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Not now. I've removed them.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Not sure. I believe it's been like that since the Snowy Escape patch that brought sentiments.

As you can see, the mom and the son are not connected with a branch.

broken family tree.jpg

Message 20 of 49 (1,795 Views)