Original Post

Accepted Solution

[FIXED] Broken family tree...

[ Edited ]
★ Guide

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? 1-68-154-1020
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? too many too mention...don't have star wars, realm of magic, strangerville snowy escape or eco living.
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? open family tree for a sim with a large family
What happens when the bug occurs? family tree branches are broken and some don't line up with the sims children
What do you expect to see? a family tree with intact branches
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Yes
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Yes
Please describe the patch or change you made. updated to version 1-68-154-1020 removed all mods and the error occurs with the base game

Screenshot (442).pngDefinitely a base game problem

Edit By Crinrict: Adjusted Tag

Message 1 of 49 (17,942 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: [LAUNDRY LIST] Broken family tree...

Hero

Step Parent/Child relationships are no longer missing in the Genealogy Panel. Similarly
other cases of broken families in the Genealogy Panel have been fixed as well. It is all
about reconnecting or connecting with what is important.

Fixed in Patch 1.77.131/1.44

If you're still experiencing this issue, please create a new thread.

I don't know if broken trees can be fixed.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

View in thread

Message 49 of 49 (10,053 Views)

All Replies

Re: Broken family tree...

★ Guide

The babies belong to jarod and his wife....

Message 2 of 49 (17,870 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★★ Apprentice

I see a broken link as well, but doesn’t seem to affect actual relationships.. 

Message 3 of 49 (17,783 Views)

★ Guide

Correct but it looks awful.....

Message 4 of 49 (17,762 Views)

★★ Guide
@procian I've had this issue for months. In fact, there's a whole other thread about it. It's been going on since before that game version you posted. Simgurunick knows about the family tree glitch but it has yet to be mentioned or resolved. Hopefully it will soon.
https://answers.ea.com/t5/Bug-Reports/OPEN-Partnered-Sims-turn-into-siblings/m-p/9455824#M154019
Message 5 of 49 (17,730 Views)

★ Guide

I've never had that happen before...it was only after the update that I spotted it...Thanks for the heads up though Standard smile

Message 6 of 49 (17,712 Views)

★★ Guide
@procian Oh, you're welcome. It's an issue with taking your sims in CAS. It's such a pain, especially for those of us who have an extensive family tree. We tend to see that issue the most as opposed to those who play with small sim families. It alters the family members who live outside the household, too. I think that's the biggest issue and reason why the tree splits like that. I can't even use CAS honestly. I'm stuck dealing with the same ole outfits.
Message 7 of 49 (17,689 Views)

[ Edited ]
★ Guide

It even wiped out my sims great grandparents for some reason too Frown

Message 8 of 49 (17,670 Views)

★★★ Novice

Commenting cause I'm trying to find a fix to this as well. 

Message 9 of 49 (17,618 Views)

★★ Guide
@procian It did the same thing to mine, as well. I've been trying to re-attach my family tree using a mod. If you're able to fix your family tree, too, just don't go into CAS. It'll just get detached all over again.
Message 10 of 49 (17,529 Views)