Re: [LAUNDRY LIST] Broken family tree...

by crinrict

Original Post

[ Edited ]
★★★★★ Guide

@DonLandgraab"

"When a sim dies, before culling them, you create a simple data entry with a couple of variables such as:

• name of the sim
  • a portrait pic for the tree (which already exists)
  • immediarte relations (parents/kids)"

Yes, this is exactly how it worked in TS2. In fact, that data was usually enough to restore a culled sim with some third-party tools. But what was possible in 2004 is still too hard for 2021.

Message 41 of 49 (1,625 Views)

★★ Guide
@rostsit Wow. That would really suck. I hope you're wrong about this, too. That would be so disheartening but it makes me wonder that they had to have figured out a true fix, right?Like, they know that a lot of sims players existing families have been bugged. It would be bad implementation if the fix won't apply to current save games.
Message 42 of 49 (1,616 Views)

★★ Guide
@DonLandgraab It was just bizarre to me to begin with, how family trees didn't even exist in the initial development and release of sims 4. Sims 2 and 3 both had family trees and the fact that Sims 4 started without one and was later patched in, only concluded how out of touch the Sims 4 is compared to previous games. I feel like the sims team doesn't care about us family players at all and that's really disappointing. They boast more about builders and new object and cas content than they do about the actual simulation part of the game. That's why it feels so lacking bcus actual live mode and family content have gone ignored for so long. Then add bugs into the mix that affect that type of gameplay and it's just an utter disaster.
Message 43 of 49 (1,611 Views)

★ Guide

I'm on generation 6 in my game but generations 1-2-3 and 4 have dissapeared from my family tree Frown

Message 44 of 49 (1,590 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★ Guide

@procianDo you have any backup saves or have any of the missing sims saved to your personal gallery? I tend to save all my family members, especially when I play on rotation. If you have any of that, you might be able to salvage some of those family ties that your game is missing. Also, use MCCC so that your sims, alive and deceased along with their graves, don't get culled. Make a note that usually every time there's a patch, the game tends to cull ghosts from the family tree and their graves. At least, in my experience.

Message 45 of 49 (1,560 Views)

★ Guide

Thanks I'll try the mccc thing...

Message 46 of 49 (1,546 Views)

★★★ Apprentice

Family tree get bug with White line with parents and children so Annoying IMG_20210718_185316.jpg

Message 47 of 49 (1,448 Views)

★ Novice

I also have the same issue because my supersim has just over 25 kids or so and the tree is broken when you go down.

Message 48 of 49 (1,407 Views)

Hero

Step Parent/Child relationships are no longer missing in the Genealogy Panel. Similarly
other cases of broken families in the Genealogy Panel have been fixed as well. It is all
about reconnecting or connecting with what is important.

Fixed in Patch 1.77.131/1.44

If you're still experiencing this issue, please create a new thread.

I don't know if broken trees can be fixed.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 49 of 49 (10,177 Views)