by camsin

Original Post

Highlighted
Accepted Solution

[FIXED] Broken Group/Club Watch Movie Interactions

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Apprentice

Issue

Autonomous "watch current movie" and user directed "watch movie together" interaction is broken, making a movie club near pointless.  Instead of all sims watching the movie, only one sim will watch the movie and the others will not.  Other sims who attempt to watch the movie may get hung up on a continuous loop of autonomous movie watching/failing interactions, or just sit/stand around the tv, but not actually watch the movie.  Monitoring a sim who is invited to "watch movie together" shows how the interaction is attempted, but fails immediately.

"watch movie with..." works fine and all sims who are selected to watch the movie will do so.

The following threads outline the issue in more detail:

http://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/892256/club-gathering-activity-bug#latest

This does not explicitly refer to the issue, but I suspect it is the cause of the complaint: http://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/872657/why-wont-they-sit-and-watch-a-movie

Steps you took for Issue to occur 

Note: this is not exclusive to club or group activities.  However, a club or group activity makes the issue easy to replicate and monitor.

Club scenario:

1. Create a club where watching movies is the only group activity and have 2 sims from your household as members (so you can easily monitor the issue).
2. Make sure there is only one tv.
3. Have sim 1 watch a movie.
4. Don't do anything with sim 2, if sim 2 attempts to watch their own movie, cancel it. That's not the interaction I'm having issues with. Monitor sim 2's action queue whilst sim 1 is watching a movie.
5. This is where the issue occurs - sim 2 should now attempt to autonomously "watch current movie" that sim 1 is watching, but it fails over and over, repeatedly and very fast. Sim 2 will appear idle.

Group scenario:

1. Create a group with sims whose interactions you can monitor e.g. household sims. 
2. Select "watch movie together" on a tv with sim 1.

3. As sim 1 watches the movie, other sims will not be able to join this sim.  If the interaction queue of the other sims is monitored, their invitation to watch the movie with sim 1 will fail.

Where does the bug occur ?

Existing and new save files.

Mods/CC

Yes, but I have tested the issue without mods and it still occurs.

Expansion Packs/Game Packs/Stuff Packs

Everything except Luxury Party :P

Occurring since

I first reported on June 27 2016.

Operating system

Windows 10 64 bit.

Message 1 of 4 (2,564 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: Broken Group/Club Watch Movie Interactions

[ Edited ]
Hero

• “Watch Current Channel” and “Watch TV Together” are BACK baby! You can once again choose to sit down with your family, friends, strangers, and watch the current channel or together as a group!

Fixed

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

View in thread

Message 3 of 4 (2,293 Views)

All Replies

Re: [OPEN] Broken Group/Club Watch Movie Interactions

Hero

I've added this to movie issues

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.

Important Threads

Message 2 of 4 (2,511 Views)

[ Edited ]
Hero

• “Watch Current Channel” and “Watch TV Together” are BACK baby! You can once again choose to sit down with your family, friends, strangers, and watch the current channel or together as a group!

Fixed

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 3 of 4 (2,294 Views)

★ Novice

I am having this issue in 2020 and came looking for answers. No clubs because I don't have that pack yet, but same issue. They receive the invite to watch movie together, but it cancels immediately. 

Message 4 of 4 (1,564 Views)