Re: [FIXED] Book of Life doesn't work as it should

by crinrict

Original Post

Re: [OPEN] Book of Life doesn't work as it should

★★ Novice
Absolutely unbelievable that this issue hasn't been addressed in all this time. It is also happening on the console. No mods or CC. Is this the eway it's supposed to work now, EA? If so, please explain its *new* intended use. Come on.
Message 21 of 30 (2,175 Views)

Hero
Hi @FrAnKiEBaBy0212

could you please create a new thread for console. As the patches are not insync, they need to be tracked separately. Thanks

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 22 of 30 (2,168 Views)

EA Staff

Hello everyone,

I just wanted to confirm that this is indeed an issue that we are aware of,  and we are currently working on it. 

Thank you for your patience.

Message 23 of 30 (2,150 Views)

★★★★ Novice

Could we get an idea of when this is going to be taken care of, or some kind of idea of where it is on the priority list? This has been broken for a really long time, and it really isn't fair. It completely nerfs the book of life. I never even got to play with it when it worked :/ 

Message 24 of 30 (2,071 Views)

Hero
unfortunately EA/Maxis never gives out any ETAs on bug fixes.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.

Important Threads

Message 25 of 30 (2,059 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★★ Guide

So, the bug isn't related to the need to rename book before using?

In my game, some books have option to read, some don't. Sometimes the option to read gets restored and then vanishes again.

I still think it's somehow related to the old bug caused by having more than one book in any kind of inventory: https://answers.ea.com/t5/Bug-Reports/Fixed-Inventory-malfunction-if-two-Book-of-Life/m-p/6732101#M6... The workaround was to rename the books. Maybe it also works here?

EDIT. Checked other answers. Yes, the sim coming in and out of the lot would explain why the options are being there and then vanishing.

Message 26 of 30 (2,012 Views)

★ Novice

Hey, uh.. I saw somewhere else that the sim that the book of life is written about has to be on a different lot, for example, at work or someplace else. Then another sims can read the book and the needs will be fulfilled. Worked for me, hope this helps!

Message 27 of 30 (1,737 Views)
Highlighted

Re: [FIXED] Book of Life doesn't work as it should

Hero

The Book of Life can now be read if it is bound to the same lot as the Sim trying to read it. You can now truly get a life, or at least read about it.

Fixed in Patch 1.44.77

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 28 of 30 (11,026 Views)

★★★ Novice

tt's June and it's still not working... you guys take way too long to fix bugs. This is issue is way older than your reply...

Message 29 of 30 (1,671 Views)

EA Staff

Hi @vwcarrionr

Would you be willing to send us your save files?

https://answers.ea.com/t5/Bug-Reports/INFORMATION-How-to-Send-User-Files-to-The-Sims-4-Team/m-p/6065...

That would help us a lot!.

Thank you very much!         

Message 30 of 30 (1,649 Views)