Original Post

Accepted Solution

[FIXED] Bonsai Tree appears as *Debug*

[ Edited ]
Hero

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? 1.80.69.1030
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? All availble
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Go to build mode or check a game with an existing bonsai tree
What happens when the bug occurs? In build mode/household inventory the Bonsai tree appears as *Debug*
What do you expect to see? The actual name instead of *Debug*
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Never used.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Yes
Please describe the patch or change you made. I think it first occurred after patch 1.80 but not 100% sure.

See Pic

Bonsai.jpg

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 3 of 6 (890 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: Bonsai Tree appears as *Debug*

Hero

Noticed the Bonsai Tree was a little… text averse? We did too - we made sure the Bonsai was properly potted and trimmed which solved its text attachment issues, so now its text should be displayed properly in Build Mode.

Fixed in Patch 1.81.72/1.49

If you're still experiencing this issue, please create a new thread.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.

Important Threads

View in thread

Message 6 of 6 (608 Views)

All Replies

Bonsai Tree Mislabeled?

★★ Novice

In my game the bonsai tree is labeled as a debug item for some reason... (**DEBUG**) It didn't fix itself when I restarted the game. Just kinda weird

Message 1 of 6 (946 Views)

Re: Bonsai Tree Mislabeled?

[ Edited ]
Hero

@SaRinky I can verify it's the same for me.

Would you mind making a report in the bug forum: https://answers.ea.com/t5/Bug-Reports/bd-p/The-Sims-4-Bugs

Thank you

I made a report and merged your thread.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 2 of 6 (919 Views)

★★★★ Apprentice

Just tested it, and indeed both bb and placed/cut bonsai tree show as debug. Odd.

Message 4 of 6 (806 Views)

Bonsai Tree Appears as Unknown

★★★ Newbie

I'm playing on PS4. For me, both the name and description of the bonsai tree are Unknown. The object appears to work as normal. I don't know if this is a bug or a corruption issue, but are there any people who know how to fix it? It's a bit jarring.

Message 5 of 6 (646 Views)

Hero

Noticed the Bonsai Tree was a little… text averse? We did too - we made sure the Bonsai was properly potted and trimmed which solved its text attachment issues, so now its text should be displayed properly in Build Mode.

Fixed in Patch 1.81.72/1.49

If you're still experiencing this issue, please create a new thread.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 6 of 6 (609 Views)