[FIXED] Black roof trims

by SisterGloomy

Original Post

Re: [OPEN] Black roof trims

Hi all!

I have already reported this error here: https://answers.ea.com/t5/Bug-Reports/OPEN-Black-roof-trims/td-p/8541275/page/2

A few months have passed, and the error still occurs. This is troublesome for builders, who also take pictures for external forums.

I understand that EA's concern only covers the Gallery, but it would be nice if someone from the game's developers became interested in the problem.

Greetings.

-----------------------------------------------------------

Nie pracuję ani nie mam żadnych powiązań z EA. Jestem wolontariuszem i staram się pomagać graczom w naprawie ich gry zgodnie z moją najlepszą wiedzą i nie ponoszę odpowiedzialności za szkody wyrządzone twojemu komputerowi/grze.

Jeżeli moje wskazówki okazały się pomocne, nie zapomnij przyznać XP! Kliknij "Zaakceptuj rozwiązanie" jeżeli post pomógł Ci uporać się z problemem.
Dziękuję!
Message 41 of 50 (1,477 Views)

★ Apprentice

Hello. I haven't played for several months and when I returned, I noticed that one of the buildings was broken. As if there was a problem loading the textures. I easily repaired the armpits of the arches, it was enough to remove them and add them again. Worse with the roof trims. Nothing helps
1) I don't have and never had mods
2) I was repairing the game through Origin
3) I changed the roof trim to another one - the same everywhere - the problem is with the roof
4) I removed and built the roof again - the same, even without added trims in these places the roof has a edge line
5) I removed the building and reloaded from my gallery
6) I was checking old versions of the records - the same everywhere
Maybe it's the computer's fault? Until now, Sims have flashed and there were no problems, something has changed in recent updates? Maybe someone has an idea, or could check if this problem occurs with him? My EA ID in the SimHallgerd gallery.
I really like this cafe, it doesn't bother in the game, but I wanted to record a video there and it looks terrible.

Message 42 of 50 (1,468 Views)

roof sims 4

★★★★★ Apprentice

the roof trim is in dark/brown color on one little place not the whole trim as you can see on the photo

Message 43 of 50 (1,454 Views)

Re: roof sims 4

[ Edited ]
Champion

@kreativeangel93 It looks like you have the issue that's in this Bug Report: https://answers.ea.com/t5/Bug-Reports/OPEN-Black-roof-trims/td-p/8541275
Edit: Please check the first page and suggestions on the bug report your post was merged into.

SheriGR   I don’t work for EA.

CCP Champion Banner - Blue.png
Me Too – if you also have this problem | XP – for helpful comments
Message 44 of 50 (1,418 Views)

Re: roof sims 4

Hero
@kreativeangel93 Merged your post with the current bug report on this.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 45 of 50 (1,386 Views)

★★★ Apprentice

Having the exact same issue. Any wall that touches the roof perpendicularly seems to cause a visual glitch. See image below.

If I delete the wall that intersects the roof (see yellow wall in picture) the shadow issue reverts to normal.

This issue is becoming more bothersome the longer it goes on. 
The image shows the glitch happening on the BROOK BUNGALOW lot in Willow Creek, but I have had it happen on other lots, as mentioned in this thread.
Hopefully something can be done about this soon. Thanks in advance if it's already being worked on. Standard smile

Roof Shadow Visual Glitch

Message 46 of 50 (1,292 Views)

★★ Guide
@SorchaNiC Ye, I would really like to know if they are working on this. Thankfully I got many dark houses so I don't notice it much. I did have to pick the smallest trim on my mermaid house cause those big black roof trims really ruined the build. x)
Message 47 of 50 (1,182 Views)

Re: [FIXED] Black roof trims

Hero

Some roofs were updated to remove the appearance of black sides when placed on ceilings.

Fixed in Patch 1.63.133

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.

Important Threads

Message 48 of 50 (5,062 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★ Novice

I'm glad this is being worked on, and the first thing I did when I got notice from this thread was checking some of my builds in the game.

Sadly, to me, this doesn't seem like a complete solution. For example, if I place a half garbled roof part on the same situation that caused the original issue (ie. 2nd floor or higher, and over an enclosed space) and make it as small and as short as possible with no overhang, instead of showing a darkened part, about half of it appears invisible. If I make it one notch taller, or 1m longer, all sides will show up but the corners on the taller part will appear disconnected. If I make it a couple notches taller it will look fine (compare the left, middle and right ones on my attached image).

I'd very much like to be able to make these as small and flat as posible without this occuring (which is how they were before the glitch first apepared).

It would be interesting to know if others are seeing related issues, or if this fix is working alright for most people and cases.

Message 49 of 50 (1,085 Views)

Hero
@Mick11492 Could you create a new thread ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 50 of 50 (1,057 Views)