Re: bird of paradise plant

by BitwiseGurl

Original Post

EA Sims Team

We've been able to reproduce this now.  Thanks to all that have provided information and files for this.

This account is no longer accepting Direct Messages. If you need to send a Direct Message, please send it to TheSimsDirect. Thank you.

Message 21 of 31 (1,889 Views)

★★ Novice

I'm still getting this bug in my game as well. My spliced Tulip and Chrysanthemum bush flowered, but no Bird of Paradise appeared among the flowers and when I tried to harvest it, the flowers vanished off the bush but didn't appear in my inventory. I hope there's progress towards patching this.

Message 22 of 31 (1,758 Views)

★★ Apprentice
I'm so glad this has been reproduced and is being worked on! I'd just like to add that the seeds gained from Patchy and from the seed packets will provide all seeds except Bird of Paradise - a plant will appear in the household inventory instead of a flower. Also, no matter how long my sims stay at a festival, none of the plants are harvestable, even when in season, which means no Bird of Paradise flowers available at the Romance festival either - which basically means that I cannot complete the gardening collection
Message 23 of 31 (1,665 Views)

★★ Apprentice

I haven't been able to notice if the BOP flowers or not, but I just wanted to touch on what SHAEDANNA said about the festivals. The plants don't provide any sort of ability to harvest from them for me either.

Message 24 of 31 (1,623 Views)

Hero

Hi @Fizzstix

the festival plants have their own thread here: https://answers.ea.com/t5/Bug-Reports/TO-TEST-CL-Festival-Plants-No-Longer-Harvestable/td-p/6872377/...

Feel free to me too.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 25 of 31 (1,536 Views)

★ Pro

Glad this is a know issue, I thought I was going crazy.

Message 26 of 31 (1,472 Views)

Re: [OPEN] Bird of Paradise Plants Won't Produce Flowers

Hero

• Birds of Paradise plants that are acquired from rare seed packets will now successfully blossom.

Fixed in Patch 1.47.49

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.

Important Threads

Message 27 of 31 (8,064 Views)

★ Novice

It's July 2019 and I also still cannot produce Bird of Paradise flowers from a spliced plant. I've waited many many days and it never flowers. How do you not maintain this at all but charge people money for xpacs of your broken game?

Message 28 of 31 (1,228 Views)

Hero
@RavenOfTheDawn This has been fixed a while ago. If it's back, please create a new thread. Thanks.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 29 of 31 (1,216 Views)

★ Apprentice

Hi, I don't know if there's any more recent threads on this matter. 

My BOP-plants actually didn't grow at all (I had them sheltered, so I was very confused, and the little plant pile wanted to get evolved), so I cheated them into their blooming state and evolved them. Still no flowers though. Very annoying...

I do not remember how I got them, but it could have been from a rare seed pack... (?)

One helper in this thread said that the bug with BOP has been fixed. Apparently there's still issues. :/

Message 30 of 31 (960 Views)